Feature Request: Decimal Math

  • Allen C
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 25, 2010
      Hi folks,

      I tried to input a template from a non-OGL-source-whose-name-I-dare-not-mention that included "speed same as base creature X 1.5."

      I used the code

      BONUS:MOVEMULT|Type.Any|1.5

      but that doesn't seem to work. Experts on this forum suspected that fractional math was not currently supported on PCGen...and I'd like to request that at some point it is added.

      Many thanks,
      Allen
    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 25, 2010
        Did you try a fractional format? I don't have any idea if it is appropriate or not, but

        BONUS:MOVEMULT|Type.Any|3/2

        would be more in keeping with what's used elsewhere like the BAB and Save Bonus calculations.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2010
          Just tried this. It loads...but doesn't seem to have the desired effect.

          Allen

          Message 4 of 11 , May 31, 2010
            Can you supply the code you used so I can confirm this bug?

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , May 31, 2010
              Yes, but I'm entering in some non-OGL stuff, so I don't want to get anyone in trouble...

              Allen

              Message 6 of 11 , May 31, 2010
                I just need to see the one snippet of the code you say isn't working. I don't need the full ability.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , May 31, 2010
                  The tag that doesn't seem to work is

                  BONUS:MOVEMULT|Type.Any|3/2

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 31, 2010
                    Well, I can see the issue...

                    Try the following:

                    BONUS:MOVEMUL|TYPE.Walk|3/2

                    first to see if it is working.

                    Then try

                    BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.ANY|3/2
                    or
                    BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.ALL|3/2

                    PCGen is CASE SENSITIVE for the Syntax.

                    Let me know how those turn out.

                    --
                    Andrew

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
                      Just confirmed that

                      BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|2

                      works, but

                      BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|3/2

                      does not.

                      Thanks,
                      Allen

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
                        Okay, that actually makes sense... Try this:

                        BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|*3/2

                        I'm betting that will actually work.

                        --
                        Andrew

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
                          Thank you for the idea, but it doesn't work.

                          Allen