unusual Challenge Rating progression

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010
      Hi folks,

      for RSRD I would like to code a race with an unusual challenge rating
      progression. It is of type ooze, which usually has challenge rating
      progression of TL/4. This one does have challenge rating progression of
      TL/2.

      From the docs it seems the CR tag in race and template only takes numbers,
      not formulas. Any idea how I could go about adjusting the ooze class'
      challenge rating for this special race only?

      Thanks in advance,

      Susan
    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010
        Has something changed in the docs? I show the following for the CR tag under Race:

        Tag Name: CR:x
        Variables Used (x): Number
        (Challenge rating)
        What it does:
        Sets the Challenge Rating of the creature. For CR's
        less than 1, fractions are used (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Note: CR's using fractions must start with a "1/".
        Expressions such as CR:3/4 or CR:0.5 will not work
        Example:
        CR:1/4
        Race is rated at a quarter challenge rating.

        Or is the issue because you need it to advance from a base of 1/2? Perhaps you will need to make versions for each progression step, but that seems like a hassle. Note: I didn't look at the ooze entry in the RSRD. As I type this, I wonder if your answer isn't in the existing .lst rather than the docs.