Need Help with LST file for CMP data and 5.14.1

  • David Jurgens
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
      Greetings,

      This question is for an older version of PCGen, (5.14.1), using CMP
      datasets. I will do my best to ask this question in a generic sense.

      There is a wondrous item that is a belt that grants +2 natural armor and +4
      enhancement to strength to the wearer. Each belt has a deity on it and
      anyone that does not follow that deity or is not of that deity's alignment
      gains a negative level.

      Here is how it is coded with new lines as tabs:

      Priestly Belt (NG)

      TYPE:Wondrous.Belt

      COST:40000

      WT:1

      SOURCELONG:

      SOURCESHORT:

      SOURCEPAGE:p.154

      VFEAT:Negative Levels

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor

      BONUS:STAT|STR|4|TYPE=Enhancment

      BONUS:VAR|NegLevels|1|PREMULT:1,[!PREALIGN:NG],[PREDEITY:1,(comma separated
      list of NG deities)]

      When my NG good cleric of one of the deities in the above list equips the
      belt, PCGen is giving the character 1 negative level. Can anyone see what
      might be the problem?

      I know that I should be using a higher version of PCGen but I own all the
      CMP datasets and do not want to re-code them. Even with Barak's 5.12->5.14
      converter, there are too many errors to fix before I can use the built-in
      converter in 5.16.

      Anyway, if someone can see a problem or has experience with this issue using
      5.14 and CMP data, please let me know what might be wrong.

      Thanks,

      David

    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
        BONUS:VAR|NegLevels |1|PREMULT: 1,[!PREALIGN: NG],[PREDEITY:
        1,(comma
        separated
        list of NG deities)]

        No idea about the differences between versions and I'm no guru, but looking at this line, it appears to say: Bonus NegLevel by 1 if either of the following is true - the character is _not_ neutral good or the character's deity is not a member of (comma separated list of NG deities).

        That seems correct to me, so I am inclined to wonder about the correctness of the format of the comma-separated list of deities. To test, you might comment out this line and replace it with

        BONUS:VAR|NegLevels |1|PREMULT: 1,[!PREALIGN: NG],[PREDEITY: 1,(deity of my NG cleric)]

        I believe the 5.14 documentation might still be available somewhere for syntax help. As far as asking the question in a generic manner, cutting out specific information that's not necessary to the question helps -- and it forces you to look at what you are working with closer. I've noticed that sometimes when I try to generalize my question, it answers itself because I had to think about it differently. YMMV

        Hope this helps,
        AinvarG

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
          Wow, 5.14...

          Okay, in theory what you have should be working with my cursory glance.

          I think Ability works in 5.14 so here is how I'd code it

          Move the BONUS:VAR|NegLevels deal into an ability called

          NegativeLevels
          TYPE:Internal
          CATEGORY:Special Ability
          Place the Bonus Var and remove all the PREMULT

          In your equipment
          ABILITY:Special Ability|VIRTUAL|NegativeLevels|PREMULT:1,[!PREALIGN:1,NG],[PREDEITY:x,y,y etc]

          Beyond that, make sure the Deity Names match.

          -
          Andrew

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
            Ah ha

            I see the issue

            PREDEITY needs to be !PREDEITY

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
              Thanks Andrew and Ainvar. I will try these out.

              David