Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Pathfinder Favored Soul

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hi Karl,

      The Bonus Skill or HP is something you'll have to add to the your class, you'll need to look at how the other pathfinder classes have been coded up to get the exact syntax; should be something like

      1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Something|CL

      Something would be 'Class Leveling' or 'Leveling Choice' or something along that vein.

      As to the number of spells, that is strictly dependent on how you have it coded. If you pulled it straight from the 3.5e source files, then it's coded to be using the Cleric Spell Progression, IIRC.

      And since I don't know what the PF version does, I can't say what you'd need to change.

      - Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
        Thanks for the help everyone. I can't believe I missed a few files. Going to have to tinker with them as I completely blanked on which files to edit besides adding to my own my_classes.lst file.

        Meh. This is a bit more involved than I thought it'd be, but it's a great learning experience.

        I'll post later after I get more of this data entered.

        ________________________________

        ____________ _________ _________ __
        At minimum you will need to add 3 files.

        1) .pcc file that lists the CLASS and SPELLS file
        2) .lst file for the CLASS information
        3) .lst file that contains the .MODs for the SPELLS information

        Other files as necessary for abilities, etc. I don't know the Favored
        Soul class so I can't tell you, but you can ask for guidance here in
        generic terms.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        <http://home. roadrunner. com/%7Edavidstuf f/Grognard. html>
        My better half and me
        <http://home. roadrunner. com/%7Edavidstuf f/Nana-and- Papa2.JPG>

        On 4/5/2010 9:45 AM, Karl Collins wrote:
        > So my wife, never one to follow along the path of ease, would like to multi-class and wants to take levels in Favored Soul.
        >
        > I have the book for it and want to add it to the available classes for Pathfinder since it is just a 3.5 class it should be fairly easy, or so I thought.
        >
        > I've added the class to a file and added that file to what Pathfinder's setting should look for within the program, and it finds it, but it's pulling the same number of spells that a Cleric should get, not a Favored Soul, and I seem to have missed something as it doesn't get an option on the bonus skill or hit points either.
        >
        > Should I have hit another file up to add that information in? Do I need to add something more to the spell lists? I'd like to be able to just continue making her character int he program rather than having to go to paper only with her as I have all my players characters available to me in the GM screen.

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
          By the way - the current playtest for the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide
          includes a new class called the "Oracle" that is in essence a sorcerer style
          divine caster. I'm currently working on coding it up for my own use since
          the official code monkeys are waiting for the final version before digging
          in, but I believe I wouldn't be breaking any rules by sharing it with you
          when it's complete (please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

          Anyways, check out the Oracle here:
          http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8daf

          -Dave

          On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Karl Collins <ashe5k@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the help everyone. I can't believe I missed a few files. Going
          > to have to tinker with them as I completely blanked on which files to edit
          > besides adding to my own my_classes.lst file.
          >
          > Meh. This is a bit more involved than I thought it'd be, but it's a great
          > learning experience.
          >
          > I'll post later after I get more of this data entered.

        • Karl Collins
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
            It is pretty close, but I remember seeing some differences in it I wasn't sure I liked. I'll have to dig up my PDF and compare the two again. If you'd be willing to share when you're done, if it's not breaking any rules, I'd love to take a look.