RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Proficiency excluding one type of armor?

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 6:55 AM
      > Thanks, Barak, glad to know you are still around -- hadn't seen your
      > name in a bit.

      Heh, still around, just a huge workload in RL.

      > Related to my other question this morning, what's the accepted proper
      > way to grant the full proficiency? AUTO:FEAT|foo or
      > AUTO:ARMORPROF|foo?

      That depends on how the rules read (and how you interpret them)...

      Does the class get the "Feat" Shield Proficiency or are they just "proficient with all shields"?

      It has been a hotly debated topic at times on the various lists here. :p

      So, if you want "Shield Proficiency" to show up in the feat list, use AUTO:FEAT. If you just want them to have the proficiencies, then use AUTO:SHIELDPROF, etc.

      Barak
    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 7:03 AM
        Got it. As long as they are effectively the same, I really don't care whether they see it in their list of feats or not. I just didn't want to find out that there was something mechanically different between them.

        Thanks, sir!