Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Proficiency excluding one type of armor?

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 6:45 AM
      That was terrible. Should have double-checked my syntax before I started throwing out guesses.

      How about AUTO:ARMORPROF|ARMORTYPE=Light|!Chain Shirt instead?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 6:49 AM
        Thanks, Barak, glad to know you are still around -- hadn't seen your name in a bit.

        I suppose I could make a class ability with some description of what's up with the chain shirt to head off complaints about it not working.

        Related to my other question this morning, what's the accepted proper way to grant the full proficiency? AUTO:FEAT|foo or AUTO:ARMORPROF|foo?

        Thanks!

        ________________________________
        > I'm assuming not and it's not in the docs, but I can hope. Listing the
        > different light armors won't catch any future light armors that are
        > introduced.. .

        Just grant the full proficiency and then use a bonus statement to take it
        away again for the Chain Shirt.

        Only bad side effect is it will show up in your list of proficiencies.

        Barak

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 6:55 AM
          > Thanks, Barak, glad to know you are still around -- hadn't seen your
          > name in a bit.

          Heh, still around, just a huge workload in RL.

          > Related to my other question this morning, what's the accepted proper
          > way to grant the full proficiency? AUTO:FEAT|foo or
          > AUTO:ARMORPROF|foo?

          That depends on how the rules read (and how you interpret them)...

          Does the class get the "Feat" Shield Proficiency or are they just "proficient with all shields"?

          It has been a hotly debated topic at times on the various lists here. :p

          So, if you want "Shield Proficiency" to show up in the feat list, use AUTO:FEAT. If you just want them to have the proficiencies, then use AUTO:SHIELDPROF, etc.

          Barak
        • Ainvar G
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 7:03 AM
            Got it. As long as they are effectively the same, I really don't care whether they see it in their list of feats or not. I just didn't want to find out that there was something mechanically different between them.

            Thanks, sir!