Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat allowing selection of new spells

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2010
      I'm formulating a plan for this one, but don't know enough to know if it will work...

      I'm tempted to make two forms of the feat - one if the caster is a preparation caster vs. one if the caster is a known-spells caster. For the wizard, the feat just grants access to a handful of new spells -- and some game mechanics related to them that can't be coded, so I won't bother with them here. For the sorcerer, the feat grants a handful of new spells, three spells for one spells known slot, along with the aforementioned game mechanics.

      Can I code a feat for the sorcerer that allows them to select the six spells and penalize them two spell known slots to get the desired "cost" of the selection? Obviously, this would not apply to the wizard. I don't know how to handle this if the user is a sorcerer/wizard, either -- it would appear that the feat should be associated with one class or the other, but it's not specified in the description... For my game, I'm going to say yes, the new spells are associated with one of the user's arcane classes.

      They can take this feat multiple times, selecting a new six spells each time, so I'm planning to use the MULT:YES tag, which requires a CHOOSE tag, which got me to thinking about how they will select their six spells....