Need testers for SKILL to BONUS:SKILL conversion

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2002
      Hi all,

      I've prepare the code that will convert the SKILL tags in the RACE file to their BONUS:SKILL|skill name|#|TYPE=Racial equivalents.

      I've done some testing with the files but I can't test them all (some of them are for game system I don't even know how to use) so I'm asking for your help. Check these files, use them with a copy of your PCGEN setup and let me know if you find anything wrong with the new BONUS:SKILL tags.

      DO NOT USE THESE FILES A SOURCE FOR YOUR .LST MODIFICATIONS.

      There are for demo and testing purpose only.

      Unless there are unresolved problems, I will run the conversion script on all the .lst files checked in the CVS repository Tuesday at midnight (CST). The converted files will be included in the 2.4.6 release and the SKILL tag will officially be gone for all time in the RACE file. All future RACE file will have to use the BONUS:SKILL tag.

      Earlier, I mentioned that I would also convert the SKILL tags in the DOMAIN files. This was a mistake since the SKILL tags in DOMAIN files indicate the skills that should be considered Class Skill when buying them. (Maybe we should use CSKILL instead to avoid future confusion???)

      Thanks for your help, comments are welcome.

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin

      <mailto:beaudoer@...>