Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Applying a TOHIT bonus only to simple melee weapons

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11, 2010
      On 3/9/2010 8:41 PM, Catullusque wrote:
      > Thanks, Barak. It's amazing how much better things work when I follow
      > instructions :-)
      >
      > I've now got the bonus applying to exactly the weapons I want -- though
      > for dual-use weapons like Dagger and Hammer, I still can't figure out
      > how to get it to apply only to the melee and not the ranged usage. For
      > now, I'll be marking that up by hand. FWIW, I tried qualifying "TOHIT"
      > as "TOHIT.MELEE", which I have seen as a BONUS:COMBAT specification:
      >
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.SimpleMelee|TOHIT.MELEE|(max(STR,WIS)-STR)|TYPE=In\
      > tuitive
      > ... but that made the specification completely ineffective, as far as I
      > could see.

      Uh, I would have been surprised if it did much at all. You have to use
      the 'Syntax enabled' for each tag. I can tell what you are trying to do,
      but if it was that easy, Barak or myself would have told you to do that
      in the first place.
      > I am curious why you guys sent me down the path of defining SimpleMelee
      > as a new weapon proficiency category, rather than as a new weapon type
      > (which would then show up in the weapon description box under
      > Inventory). But it's working, so I'll stick with it.

      Cause, defining the TYPE in the Weapon Proficiency is easier to bonus
      than a Type on the piece of equipment. Trust us. We know which is easier.
      > Thanks again to both you and Andrew.
      >
      > -- Damian
      >

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak"<barak@...> wrote:

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin