Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] How to code auto-weapon proficiency

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010
      Hi John,

      On 2/17/2010 8:34 AM, John Kantner wrote:
      > Hey all:
      >
      > So I'm coding a class and one of the class features is that the the class is
      > automatically proficient with its deity's favored weapon. To keep things
      > simple I would like to make it so that upon reaching first level in this
      > class the player can simply choose a weapon from a list of all weapons to be
      > proficient in (rather than tying this to the deity's file). Is there a way
      > to do this? I looked through the tags but couldn't find anything. Any
      > suggestions? Thanks!

      The tags you want are CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY and AUTO:WEAPONPROF
      **
      CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Simple|TYPE.Martial|TYPE.Exotic
      Will give you a choice of All three Categories that you don't have

      CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|ALL
      Will give you a choice of ALL weapons, even ones you have already

      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|DEITYWEAPON
      Will give you the choice(s) of your Deity Weapon

      Choose your complexity level
      a) Most Basic - you get one choice, and you can't change it
      b) Basic - same as above, you get the one choice and can't change it
      c) Advanced, this is the standard PCGen setup for all current sets
      currently made. You get to make your choice and may change it later if
      you make a mistake.

      *a)*
      In the class:
      1 <> ADD:FEAT|Feat Chooser

      In the Feat File:

      Feat Chooser
      VISIBLE:NO
      CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|ALL
      MULT:YES
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|%LIST

      *b)*
      In the class:
      1 <> ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|Ability Chooser

      In the Ability File:
      Ability Chooser
      VISIBLE:NO
      CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|ALL
      MULT:YES
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|%LIST

      *c)*
      In the Class:

      1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Weapon Chooser Choice|1

      In the Ability Category File:

      ABILITYCATEGORY:Weapon Chooser Choice
      TYPE:WeaponChooser
      CATEGORY:Special Ability