Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Pathfinder Playtest Classes

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      > shadocat_99 scribed:
      >
      > > Are we allowed to discuss and share the new pathfinder classes
      > (Cavalier,
      > > etc.)? I don't know what the PF license allows PCGen to discuss.
      > >
      > > If so, has anyone created those yet and willing to share?
      > >
      > > If not, well, I'll have a bunch of noob questions here....
      >
      > I don't think there is any problem with that, they have released the
      > play
      > test publically. Keep in mind that it may change once it's published
      > in it's
      > final form. I don't think there are any plans on doing an official
      > dataset
      > until it sees it's final form but no reason it can't be discussed.

      I agree with Eddy here. Paizo has released the beta under the OGL so
      discussion on it are fine.

      ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
      ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
      ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
      ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
      ~ Tenacious Monkey
      ~ Face melioram personam
    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
        Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
          I'm going to begin working on th Witch on Saturday.

          I figure that I can begin with a copy of the Sorcerer, then figure out
          how the Rogue gets to choose from a list of special abilities at certain
          levels. After that, I just need to figure out how the familiar will
          work since it works slightly differently than standard familiars.

          Ainvar G wrote:

          > Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also
          > interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would
          > be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause
          > the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)
          >
          > ________________________________

          Jeff Miller
          http://www.assistsolar.com
          http://businesscredittips.weebly.com
          Voice: 949-249-3673
          Skype: shadocat2

        • Ainvar G
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
            Rules for the familiar seem basically the same other than their ability to store the witch's spells. And that functionality appears to be that of a spellbook.

            Of course, I haven't investigated in detail, that's just off the top of my head.

            I am getting some strong interest regarding the oracle over here. I figure I'll start there and we can collaborate, if that's cool with you.

            ________________________________

            Ainvar G wrote:

            > Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also
            > interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would
            > be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause
            > the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)

          • Jeff Miller
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
              That sounds good to me. The second one that I'll probably do is the
              Summoner.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
                The class looks straightforward, but the eidolon sounds like a significant challenge.