Pathfinder Playtest Classes

  • shadocat_99
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
      Are we allowed to discuss and share the new pathfinder classes (Cavalier, etc.)? I don't know what the PF license allows PCGen to discuss.

      If so, has anyone created those yet and willing to share?

      If not, well, I'll have a bunch of noob questions here....
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
        shadocat_99 scribed:

        > Are we allowed to discuss and share the new pathfinder classes (Cavalier,
        > etc.)? I don't know what the PF license allows PCGen to discuss.
        >
        > If so, has anyone created those yet and willing to share?
        >
        > If not, well, I'll have a bunch of noob questions here....

        I don't think there is any problem with that, they have released the play
        test publically. Keep in mind that it may change once it's published in it's
        final form. I don't think there are any plans on doing an official dataset
        until it sees it's final form but no reason it can't be discussed.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          Eddy Anthony wrote:

          > shadocat_99 scribed:
          >
          > > Are we allowed to discuss and share the new pathfinder classes
          > (Cavalier,
          > > etc.)? I don't know what the PF license allows PCGen to discuss.
          > >
          > > If so, has anyone created those yet and willing to share?
          > >
          > > If not, well, I'll have a bunch of noob questions here....
          >
          > I don't think there is any problem with that, they have released the
          > play
          > test publically. Keep in mind that it may change once it's published
          > in it's
          > final form. I don't think there are any plans on doing an official
          > dataset
          > until it sees it's final form but no reason it can't be discussed.

          I agree with Eddy here. Paizo has released the beta under the OGL so
          discussion on it are fine.

          ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
          ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
          ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
          ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
          ~ Tenacious Monkey
          ~ Face melioram personam
        • Ainvar G
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
            Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
              I'm going to begin working on th Witch on Saturday.

              I figure that I can begin with a copy of the Sorcerer, then figure out
              how the Rogue gets to choose from a list of special abilities at certain
              levels. After that, I just need to figure out how the familiar will
              work since it works slightly differently than standard familiars.

              Ainvar G wrote:

              > Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also
              > interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would
              > be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause
              > the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)
              >
              > ________________________________

              Jeff Miller
              http://www.assistsolar.com
              http://businesscredittips.weebly.com
              Voice: 949-249-3673
              Skype: shadocat2

            • Ainvar G
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
                Rules for the familiar seem basically the same other than their ability to store the witch's spells. And that functionality appears to be that of a spellbook.

                Of course, I haven't investigated in detail, that's just off the top of my head.

                I am getting some strong interest regarding the oracle over here. I figure I'll start there and we can collaborate, if that's cool with you.

                ________________________________

                Ainvar G wrote:

                > Have you made any attempts here yet? I haven't started, but I'm also
                > interested in seeing these put together. I have some ideas and would
                > be willing to confer off-line if you prefer. Or here is great, 'cause
                > the experts can watch over us for noob mistakes. ;-)

              • Jeff Miller
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
                  That sounds good to me. The second one that I'll probably do is the
                  Summoner.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 8, 2010
                    The class looks straightforward, but the eidolon sounds like a significant challenge.