Sharing an ABILITYPOOL between many classes

  • zorden@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009

      I have many classes which get wings. Every extraordinary wing ability permit to choose between the wings the player can get. So I created an ABILITYPOOL for wings. It's ok when the first class gets the opportunity to have wings, cause I increment the pool's value by 1.

      10 <tab> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Wing|1

      But what if an other class has the same bonus? The value for the pool will be 2, unless it stays 1. So how can i precheck the value of a pool, not to increment if its value is already 1?

      Thanks,
      Peter
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Wing|1|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
        Ability,TYPE.Wing Or !PREMOVE:1,Fly=1

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
          Or instead of doing the ABILITYPOOL in the class, just do an ability

          10 <tab> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Wing Choice

          In the Wing Choice ability have your ability pool... since you can only
          get the ability once, it will only get the bonus the first time it's
          called up.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
            On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM, zorden@... <zorden@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I have many classes which get wings. Every extraordinary wing ability permit to choose between the wings the player can get. So I created an ABILITYPOOL for wings. It's ok when the first class gets the opportunity to have wings, cause I increment the pool's value by 1.
            >
            > 10 <tab> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Wing|1
            >
            > But what if an other class has the same bonus? The value for the pool will be 2, unless it stays 1. So how can i precheck the value of a pool, not to increment if its value is already 1?

            Add a bonus TYPE.
            BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Wing|1|TYPE=NoStack

            There are a couple of other methods, like a VAR to control it, PRExxx,
            etc. I think that is the most straight forward.

          • zorden@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
              THANKS. I thought that every PRE and NoStak works only in one class... :-) THANKS again!