Re: Cancel out abilities

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2009
      Hi!

      Nice LST class!

      I'm actually alread doing part of what you explain here, except for one part:

      I want to keep the original, default ability intact UNLESS someone wants an alternate class feature.
      That's why I tried to modify the existing ability that's being replaced and add in a 'cancellation' ability.
      (it is my understanding and experience the REMOVE:ABILITY tag isn't implemented yet)

      In short, yes, I understand REMOVE:ABILITY would remove an already assigned ability, and that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

      You did, however, point me towards my second mistake (the first one was using CATEGORY:Special Ability instead of CATEGORY=Special Ability):

      I tried modifying the ability, while I should have been modifying the class.

      I now have:
      CLASS:Barbarian.MOD
      1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR.Barbarian Fast Movement
      1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Barbarian Fast Movement|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Barbarian ACF Cancel Fast Movement

      My Alternate class feature adds the ability 'barbarian ACF Cancel Fast Movent' in addition to it's own bonusses, and the barbarian fast movement disappears....

      Done! Thanks for helping!
    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
        ---snip---
        > Barak

        I'm not sure I want to get into a rules argument here, but to clarify:
        I don't see any reason why you couldn't combine either the normal spellcaster with a substitution that replaces the animal companion or the Complete Warrior Ranger with a substitution that replaces the animal companion.
        Or a ranger with both the substitution from PHII that replaces the animal companion and the substitution from Complete Champion that replaces spellcasting.

        Of course, you couldn't add a substitution that replaces spellcasting to the complete warrior ranger that has no spellcasting.
        Nor could you take two substitution features that replace the same ability....