Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Help understanding the KEY tag

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009

      KEY allows you to give the item a unique name but allowing it to display
      the same name. Masterwork is a great example - it has different effects
      based on the item it's applied to and it's cost is also different.

      Key isn't necessary if the item in question is just one standard cost
      and no effects change. Just a back ground detail... the item name is
      it's KEY unless you use KEY in the item in question.

      Foobar <> TYPE:Item
      Barbar <> KEY:FooBar <> TYPE:Item

      Both of those are using the 'same' KEY name. You'd get a duplicate
      message...

      Barbar <> KEY:Foo1
      Barbar <> KEY:Foo2
      Barbar <> KEY:Bar1

      All three items are different cause the KEY is different. You'll see
      three 'Barbar' but to reference them, you'd need to use the Key Name.

      Hope that helps.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin