Help understanding the KEY tag

  • CalebU
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
      I am currently trying to code some weaponmaking and weapon-enhancing materials, but I am having trouble understanding how to put the KEY tag in.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009

        KEY allows you to give the item a unique name but allowing it to display
        the same name. Masterwork is a great example - it has different effects
        based on the item it's applied to and it's cost is also different.

        Key isn't necessary if the item in question is just one standard cost
        and no effects change. Just a back ground detail... the item name is
        it's KEY unless you use KEY in the item in question.

        Foobar <> TYPE:Item
        Barbar <> KEY:FooBar <> TYPE:Item

        Both of those are using the 'same' KEY name. You'd get a duplicate
        message...

        Barbar <> KEY:Foo1
        Barbar <> KEY:Foo2
        Barbar <> KEY:Bar1

        All three items are different cause the KEY is different. You'll see
        three 'Barbar' but to reference them, you'd need to use the Key Name.

        Hope that helps.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin