Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Confused about making Bonus Feat list.

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009

      In the a feat file

      The Feat Name.MOD <tab> TYPE:Swashbuckler
      repeat for each feat

      In an ability Cat File
      ABILITYCATEGORY:Swashbuckler Bonus Feat
      CATEGORY:FEAT
      TYPE:Swashbuckler
      EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:YES
      DISPLAYLOCATION:FEATS
      PLURAL:Swashbuckler Bonus Feats

      In your Class File
      CLASS:Swashbuckler
      1 <tab> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Swashbuckler Bonus Feat|1 or Formula
      Place it on each level, or put a formula that works for you.

      Hope that helps,

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Eric P wrote:
      > Hi:
      >
      > I am adding the Swashbuckler as a 20-level class for my Pathfinder RPG game. One thing is that it has a list of bonus feats, all from the Pathfinder RPG and already programmed into the core LST files.
      >
      > Please tell me, or point to a documentation resource, how to designate certain feats as Swashbuckler feats. I have tried to look at the source files to do it, but it is not working.
      >
      > Here are the bonus feats: Blind-Fight, Catcht Off-Guard, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dazzling Display, Deadly Stroke, Double Slice, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Disarm, Improved Critical, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Vital Strike, Improvised Weapon Mastery, Intimidating Prowess, Lightning Stance, Mobility, Quick Draw, Spring Attack, Throw Anything, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Rend, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Whirlwind Attack, Wind Stance.
      >
      > As you can see, some are already "Fighter Bonus Feats." Is this a problem?
      >
      > Thank you.

    • N. Eric Phillips
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        I think this will help tons. Thanks!!!!!

        On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > In the a feat file
        >
        > The Feat Name.MOD <tab> TYPE:Swashbuckler
        > repeat for each feat
        >
        > In an ability Cat File
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:Swashbuckler Bonus Feat
        > CATEGORY:FEAT
        > TYPE:Swashbuckler
        > EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:YES
        > DISPLAYLOCATION:FEATS
        > PLURAL:Swashbuckler Bonus Feats
        >
        > In your Class File
        > CLASS:Swashbuckler
        > 1 <tab> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Swashbuckler Bonus Feat|1 or Formula
        > Place it on each level, or put a formula that works for you.
        >
        > Hope that helps,

        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        >
        > Eric P wrote:
        > > Hi:
        > >
        > > I am adding the Swashbuckler as a 20-level class for my Pathfinder RPG
        > game. One thing is that it has a list of bonus feats, all from the
        > Pathfinder RPG and already programmed into the core LST files.
        > >
        > > Please tell me, or point to a documentation resource, how to designate
        > certain feats as Swashbuckler feats. I have tried to look at the source
        > files to do it, but it is not working.
        > >
        > > Here are the bonus feats: Blind-Fight, Catcht Off-Guard, Combat
        > Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dazzling Display, Deadly Stroke, Double Slice,
        > Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon
        > Specialization, Improved Disarm, Improved Critical, Improved Feint, Improved
        > Initiative, Improved Trip, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Vital
        > Strike, Improvised Weapon Mastery, Intimidating Prowess, Lightning Stance,
        > Mobility, Quick Draw, Spring Attack, Throw Anything, Two-Weapon Defense,
        > Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Rend, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus, Weapon
        > Specialization, Whirlwind Attack, Wind Stance.
        > >
        > > As you can see, some are already "Fighter Bonus Feats." Is this a
        > problem?
        > >
        > > Thank you.

        --N. Eric Phillips, writer
        www.EricPhillips.info

        Call me by phone: http://www.ericphillips.info/call.html
        Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
        - "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."

      • herzogaldilkassach
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          As a sidenote:

          When Implementing the Swashbuckler, take care to use variables like 'SwashbucklerGraceLVL' etc. to be able to implment feats like Daring Outlaw (complete scoundrel) later...