Adding feats to category by prerequisites

  • Sheng Long Gradilla
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hello

      I am creating a dataset, and there is a class with Bonus Feats. The
      list of bonus feats is quite vague. Here is the entry as in the book
      (don't worry, it's OGL):

      Bonus Feat: A marksman gains a bonus archery-related feat at 8th level
      and every 6 levels afterward. She must meet all the prerequisites of
      this feat, and the feat must require Point Blank Shot.

      Reference: http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/marksman

      So, I was wondering how to accomplish this. I created an
      ABILITYCATEGORY named Marksman Feat, but now I'm trying to figure out
      the most efficient way to add all the feats that require Point Blank
      Shot... any suggestions?

      --
      - Sheng Long Gradilla
      -=={UDIC}==-
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
        Accessing file 10222.10098.24068

        Data from user Sheng is as follows:

        > Hello
        >
        > I am creating a dataset, and there is a class with Bonus Feats. The
        > list of bonus feats is quite vague. Here is the entry as in the book
        > (don't worry, it's OGL):
        >
        > Bonus Feat: A marksman gains a bonus archery-related feat at 8th level
        > and every 6 levels afterward. She must meet all the prerequisites of
        > this feat, and the feat must require Point Blank Shot.
        >
        > Reference: http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/marksman
        >
        > So, I was wondering how to accomplish this. I created an
        > ABILITYCATEGORY named Marksman Feat, but now I'm trying to figure out
        > the most efficient way to add all the feats that require Point Blank
        > Shot... any suggestions?

        No real easy way about it, but here's the one that's pretty standard. Each
        feat can be modded. Such as:

        Manyshot.MOD<tab>TYPE:Archery

        ...Then in your ABILITYCATEGORY, you should just have to add:
        CATEGORY:FEAT<tab>TYPE:Archery

        That should show all the feats that you MODded to make Archery type feats.
        You'll just have to make sure the feats you mod have the Point Blank Shot
        prereq.
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.