Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] allow a feat to let you qualify as if it is a different feat

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:33 PM, herzogaldilkassach
      <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:
      > I'm coding up a feat that, as one of it's benefits, lets you qualify as if you have the Dodge feat.
      >
      > I'm kind of stuck on how to do that.
      > I could, of course, find all feats, abilities, and PrC's that have the Dodge feat as requirement and replace that requirement with either Dodge or this feat, but that seems like a lot of work.
      >
      > I started by looking at the QUALIFY feat, but that doesn't seem to match my needs.

      Yeah, not quite. You want the SERVESAS tag.

      SERVESAS:CATEGORY=FEAT|Dodge

      > I thought of adding Dodge as a VFEAT ( as I assumed virtual feats meant feats you didn't have, but allow you to qualify for things) but that showed up on the charactersheet, and I don't want that.
      >
      > Any pointers appreciated.
      >
      > Also, the above left me kind of confused about the correct use of the 'virtual' feat tag. What is it supposed to be used for?

      Virtual feats are used for things like Ranger gets XX feat, so long as
      she's in light or medium load, etc. The VFEAT tag actually grants
      that feat.

      We keep it separate from "Automatic feats" for user friendliness, but
      VFEAT and AUTO:FEAT work the same when it comes to calculating bonuses
      and (almost) display on the character sheet.

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009

        > Yeah, not quite. You want the SERVESAS tag.
        >
        > SERVESAS:CATEGORY=FEAT|Dodge

        Thanks! Another small part of my TAG knowledge filled in!

        > > I thought of adding Dodge as a VFEAT ( as I assumed virtual feats meant feats you didn't have, but allow you to qualify for things) but that showed up on the charactersheet, and I don't want that.
        > >
        > > Any pointers appreciated.
        > >
        > > Also, the above left me kind of confused about the correct use of the 'virtual' feat tag. What is it supposed to be used for?
        >
        > Virtual feats are used for things like Ranger gets XX feat, so long as
        > she's in light or medium load, etc. The VFEAT tag actually grants
        > that feat.
        >
        > We keep it separate from "Automatic feats" for user friendliness, but
        > VFEAT and AUTO:FEAT work the same when it comes to calculating bonuses
        > and (almost) display on the character sheet.
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        Sorry to have to say this, but having multiple TAGS that do approximately the same is not helpful when trying to understand the lst files. At least, not for me.

        The attempt is appreciated though :)
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          > Sorry to have to say this, but having multiple TAGS that do approximately the same is not helpful when trying to understand the lst files. At least, not for me.
          >
          > The attempt is appreciated though :)

          When dealing with ABILITIES, it is now an attribute.
          AUTO:FEAT|Dodge and VFEAT:Dodge can be written more verbosely as:
          ABILITY:|FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Dodge
          and
          ABILITY:|FEAT|VIRTUAL|Dodge
          respectively.