Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: WEAPONPROF:CHOICE?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009

      You can email your stuff to my email drew0500 aT yAhOo dot Com

      You shouldn't be needing to modify the base.xml, I've already added
      things to it for 4e, though, if you're using the 5.16.1 set, you might
      not be seeing them yet. Another thing, there can only be one base.xml...
      that is not an option to mess with to my knowledge. Especially since the
      one in the trunk and 5.16 have undergone quite a bit of work from myself
      and Tir.

      For At Will, Encounter and All that...

      All of your powers should be CATEGORY:Special Ability and then the TYPE
      should be:

      AtWill = At-Will Powers
      Encounter = Encounter Powers
      Daily = Daily Powers
      Utility = Utility Powers

      I tried to keep it simple for the homebrew crowd.

      Now if you're trying to code up Starwars type stuff that has a little
      more to it... ;) I suppose I should get to work on a 'Homebrews and
      Systems you can take advantage of' section.

      I've got a couple of sheets for the character tab that will also display
      those... one in the trunk fantasy, and another I need to update in a
      folder called homebrew (again in the trunk).

      I can send either to you if you'd like.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
        Well poo. looks like I've been doing some work in parallel then.

        I'm very interested in any 4th edition (fantasy) output sheets you might have. I've just barely completed a powers sheet, which, as I mentioned, also contains modifications to the base.xml

        I'll send that one to you too, as it contains some additions necessary for my power sheets. Maybe you can take a look at it and use it for a new OOC set?

        I HAVE been using the AtWill, Encounter etc. types, actually (as you can see in the file I will be sending you directly)

        Again, any sheets in return I can use are appreciated.

        One last thing: Are you saying I should actually be using 5.17 to use the 4th edition set? Or wait for the 5.16.2 release?

        It's not that I don't want to, but I prefer to develop datasets against a stable release.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
          :)

          Our 'Unstable' releases are actually very stable. Our coders are pretty
          good on not breaking the program. The reason they're 'unstable' is that
          new code is being added or modified (New Features or tweaking existing
          code).

          I've been using the latest version constantly, and except for a minor
          hiccup, I never actually have a problem. Plus, I usually find the bugs
          and report them as they occur. But that's cause I'm doing a lot of data
          set coding that relies on the latest features or fixes.

          The difference between a 'Stable' vs. an 'Unstable' is how much testing
          has taken place between new features, bug fixes and such... Alpha - New
          features being added, Beta - Bug Squashing, RC - Final Testing,
          Production Release (A fully tested program with new features and lots of
          bug fixes).

          Remember, our Alpha come directly from the Last Stable, so in all
          likelihood, not going to be broken.

          I'll take a look and I'll send you the new OS files and such.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin