Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Single spell list for multiple classes?

    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 5, 2009
      the_rodent_of_unusual_size wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Completely. All spells will need to be selected via the "Sorcerer"
      >> class. :) You won't need any other spellcasting tags defined in the
      >> gestalt class. All spellcasting for Gestalt type classes should be
      >> done through the primary class, so that one can stack different
      >> gestalt choices and not end up with lots of different spellcasting
      >> progressions for the same class not stacking.
      >>

      > Thanks; this made life a lot simpler. I've created a cleric/wizard class and done this same thing for both classes, and handled the familiar bit.
      >
      > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER|Wizard BONUS:PCLEVEL|Wizard|1
      > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER|Cleric BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      >
      > I haven't tried leveling up, but so far this is providing the spell choices I expect.
      >
      > Except:
      >
      > 1. I can't choose domains nor get domain spell slots despite the base class having BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|2.
      > 2. When I load the character, I get two alerts:
      >
      > Warning: Gestalt Cleric Wizard(1)(pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel)
      > Could not find matching ADD:SPELLCASTER|Wizard
      >
      > Warning: Gestalt Cleric Wizard(1)(pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel)
      > Could not find matching ADD:SPELLCASTER|Cleric
      >
      > What have I messed up?
      >
      > Are there certain class tags that *must* appear on the same line? I tend to have multiple CLASS:foo lines in order to spread the tags out and keep it readable and within a reasonable column width. If I've spread some must-appear-together tags across multiple lines, maybe that's it..?

      I've encountered this problem before. It's nothing you're doing as far
      as I can tell, cause I've done the same.

      As far as multiple lines, doesn't matter if it's one line or twenty
      lines, it is all considered "one" line by the code.

      What I do need from you is a snippet of the code and the steps to
      reproduce so our coders can track down the issue and fix this bug.
      > Thanks!

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • karianna03
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 9, 2009