Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Single spell list for multiple classes?

    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 3, 2009
      On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM,
      the_rodent_of_unusual_size<coar@...> wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Gestalt Sorcerer Monk should be everything from the monk, with good
      >> VAR set ups, (saves don't matter, since Monk has good everything, and
      >> the Monk BAB and HD beats the Sorcerer) and just add
      >> 1<tab>ADD:SPELLCASTER|Sorcerer
      >> 2<tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      >
      > This will cause the class to inherit the sorcerer spell progression?

      Completely. All spells will need to be selected via the "Sorcerer"
      class. :) You won't need any other spellcasting tags defined in the
      gestalt class. All spellcasting for Gestalt type classes should be
      done through the primary class, so that one can stack different
      gestalt choices and not end up with lots of different spellcasting
      progressions for the same class not stacking.

      Really, for the best implementation over all, you'd want ALL classes
      done that way. If I ever get around to it, I think PCGen is pretty
      close if not able to do true Gestalt (except for the fact that it
      would make the base classes fairly messy, and you'd still have to
      define each set of choices). Not exactly great returns for the
      investment of time, tho. I still have the UA stuff to get in, if I
      can ever get back to it.

      >> And whatever is needed for REPEATLEVEL on the second one...
      >
      > I'm still confused about the use of REPEATLEVEL, and I don't see how it would apply here..

      Ok, I looked up REPEATLEVEL from the docs. What you'd need is:

      2:REPEATLEVEL:1 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1

      Tells the program that at 2nd level, and every 1 level after that, add
      a level of Sorcerer spellcasting.

      Essentially, the above line is equivalent to:
      2 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      3 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      4 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      5 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      6 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      7 <tab> BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      . . .

      And the part I forgot: using what I described, you'd also need to add
      the Familiar ability stuff, since default Sorcerers get familiars
      (familiars are something I rarely see in my group.)

    • karianna03
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 9, 2009
        OK - Trackered , FREQ 2855040