Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Biosets for Subraces

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      SWTRSE wrote:

      Hi Michael,

      Wow, I can't believe this one got missed... Sorry bout that.
      > Hello,
      >
      > While not realy mandatory it would be nice if biosets are aware of subraces.
      >
      > I've set the subrace with a template.
      > In Bioset.lst I tired:
      > Try1:
      > RACENAME:Human% SUBRACE:Subhuman1 HAIR:Brown EYES:Light Brown|Dark Brown SKINTONE:Dusky Brown
      > RACENAME:Human% SUBRACE:Subhuman2 HAIR:Brown|Black|Blond|Dark Brown|Light Brown EYES:Green|Light Brown|Dark Brown SKINTONE:Tawny
      > Try2:
      > RACENAME:Human SUBRACE:Subhuman1...
      > RACENAME:Human SUBRACE:Subhuman2...
      > Try3:
      > RACENAME:Human (Subhuman1)...
      > RACENAME:Human (Subhuman2)...
      >
      > On Try3 the new bioset is not used.
      > On Try1 and Try2: the bioset of the last entry (Subhuman2) is used even if Subhuman1 is choosen.
      >
      > I belive that the bioset is not aware of subraces and the RACENAME:Human% is overwritten with the last entry.
      > Is there an other solution?

      For Subraces... we have those set up using 'Race Name (Subrace)'

      RACENAME:Human (Dark Dweller)

      % is a wildcard. I'd need to look but I'm not sure SUBRACE is a valid
      tag in Bioset... In fact, I'm not even sure it's valid period beyond
      Template. Yup, the docs show it as valid only as Templates.

      Beyond that, I'd need to test the various things to see if we have a bug.

      Not much call for the bio settings.
      > Thanks
      > Michael

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2009
        Andrew Maitland wrote:

        2867665 Support Subraces in BIO Set
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2867665&group_id=25576&atid=384722>
        > SWTRSE wrote:
        >
        > Hi Michael,
        >
        > Wow, I can't believe this one got missed... Sorry bout that.
        >
        >> Hello,
        >>
        >> While not realy mandatory it would be nice if biosets are aware of subraces.
        >>
        >> I've set the subrace with a template.
        >> In Bioset.lst I tired:
        >> Try1:
        >> RACENAME:Human% SUBRACE:Subhuman1 HAIR:Brown EYES:Light Brown|Dark Brown SKINTONE:Dusky Brown
        >> RACENAME:Human% SUBRACE:Subhuman2 HAIR:Brown|Black|Blond|Dark Brown|Light Brown EYES:Green|Light Brown|Dark Brown SKINTONE:Tawny
        >> Try2:
        >> RACENAME:Human SUBRACE:Subhuman1...
        >> RACENAME:Human SUBRACE:Subhuman2...
        >> Try3:
        >> RACENAME:Human (Subhuman1)...
        >> RACENAME:Human (Subhuman2)...
        >>
        >> On Try3 the new bioset is not used.
        >> On Try1 and Try2: the bioset of the last entry (Subhuman2) is used even if Subhuman1 is choosen.
        >>
        >> I belive that the bioset is not aware of subraces and the RACENAME:Human% is overwritten with the last entry.
        >> Is there an other solution?
        >>

        > For Subraces... we have those set up using 'Race Name (Subrace)'
        >
        > RACENAME:Human (Dark Dweller)
        >
        > % is a wildcard. I'd need to look but I'm not sure SUBRACE is a valid
        > tag in Bioset... In fact, I'm not even sure it's valid period beyond
        > Template. Yup, the docs show it as valid only as Templates.
        >
        > Beyond that, I'd need to test the various things to see if we have a bug.
        >
        > Not much call for the bio settings.
        >
        >> Thanks
        >> Michael

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin