Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Single spell list for multiple classes?

    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 2, 2009
      the_rodent_of_unusual_size wrote:
      > The ADD:SPELLCASTER tag has a note:
      >
      > "o This tag will not grant a bonus spell casting level for a class that uses the CASTAS tag or in some other way rides on another classes spell list."
      >
      > I can't find CASTAS in the tag list, nor any examples in the datasets, so I guess this remark is obsolete. Too bad, perhaps, since it sounds as though labelling the gestalt class as CASTAS:Sorcerer might have let the template use ADDLEVEL:Sorcerer|1.

      CASTAS is a really old and out of use tag. It was replaced by
      SPELLLIST:1| IIRC
      > Since the template is supposed to add a level of Sorcerer, the ADD:SPELLCASTER|Arcane alone will keep it from conferring properly to a non-spellcasting character. I suppose I can get clever with PRExxx tags such that
      >
      > 1. The gestalt class defines a variable (e.g., GestaltSorcerer), and
      > 2. ADDLEVEL:Sorcerer|1 if GestaltSorcerer isn't set, or
      > 3. ADD:SPELLCASTER|Arcane if GestaltSorcerer is set.
      >
      > Sound workable?

      yes.

      TEMPLATE <>
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Add Gestalt
      Sorcerer|PREVAREQ:YourVariable,1 <>
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Add Sorcerer|PREVAREQ:YourVariable,0

      in the abilities

      ADD:SPELLCASTER|Arcane
      if it's the gestalt sorcerer ability
      ADD:SPELLCASTER|Sorcerer
      if it's a normal sorcerer..

      That should solve your ability to use the template in both gestalt and
      non-gestalt games
      > That way any other gestalt classes that include sorcerer just need to have the variable set to allow the template to apply properly.
      >
      > Thanks!

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
    • karianna03
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 9, 2009