Re: Single spell list for multiple classes?

  • the_rodent_of_unusual_size
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 2, 2009
      The ADD:SPELLCASTER tag has a note:

      "o This tag will not grant a bonus spell casting level for a class that uses the CASTAS tag or in some other way rides on another classes spell list."

      I can't find CASTAS in the tag list, nor any examples in the datasets, so I guess this remark is obsolete. Too bad, perhaps, since it sounds as though labelling the gestalt class as CASTAS:Sorcerer might have let the template use ADDLEVEL:Sorcerer|1.

      Since the template is supposed to add a level of Sorcerer, the ADD:SPELLCASTER|Arcane alone will keep it from conferring properly to a non-spellcasting character. I suppose I can get clever with PRExxx tags such that

      1. The gestalt class defines a variable (e.g., GestaltSorcerer), and
      2. ADDLEVEL:Sorcerer|1 if GestaltSorcerer isn't set, or
      3. ADD:SPELLCASTER|Arcane if GestaltSorcerer is set.

      Sound workable?

      That way any other gestalt classes that include sorcerer just need to have the variable set to allow the template to apply properly.

      Thanks!
    • karianna03
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 9, 2009
        OK - Trackered , FREQ 2855040