Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
      > Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      > Just a follow up. After actually reviewing the docs, and testing, I've
      > concluded that the tag works as intended, with or without the
      > var("blah"). What the tag was meant to do was Increase the Max Dex value
      > brought on by armor, not actually adjust the armor.
      >
      > If we want to adjust actual armor we will need a bunch of new tags in
      > the BONUS:ARMORPROF realm.

      That's the existant BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX| tag. Used by things like
      the Mithral equipmods.

      He's looking for per-character, not the equipment itself. If we
      change the armor output, that will cause a separate bug report (like
      copying a character's equipment info over mid-game w/o the computer
      gives the wrong numbers.)

    • ovka
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2009
        Here is what I found.

        BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1 works in either an ability or a template. BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar does not. I also could not have the ability call another ability that applied BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1, but I could have my initial ability use BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1|PREVAREQ:myVar,1.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • thpr
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2009
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
          > I have an ability which increases the MAXDEX value for whatever armor is worn by the character by an amount based on the character's level. Ideally, I want to use
          >
          > BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar
          >
          > I have used the debug console to verify that myVar has the correct value, I just can't seem to make the BONUS tag work. I'm using 5.16.0, but the tracker is still open, so I'm guessing that this hasn't been fixed in any later version.

          IMHO, no one has _proven_ a bug. The bug report is "Pending" because it hasn't been confirmed.

          People have shown they are not getting what they expect, but that doesn't mean it's a bug... that's why nothing has been done.

          Last I analyzed this, the total MAXDEX result was correct for the PC, because BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX applies to the PC, NOT the equipment worn by the PC. Therefore, the total MAXDEX shown for the PC is correct on the character sheet, but it is not shown as all sourced from the Armor (because it isn't).

          Please check what happens for the total MAXDEX for the PC (not the armor on the PC) and any potential impact on AC of the PC under the conditions in your data.

          If you still believe there is an issue, we will need to get more specific on the data causing the issue, or if this is related to misinterpretation of what the current token does, we may need to enter a FREQ (there are 3 cases - MAXDEX to equipment [BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX], MAXDEX to PC [BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX] and MAXDEX to equipment only on that PC [not possible today as far as I can tell])

          TP.
        • ovka
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:
            >Please check what happens for the total MAXDEX for the PC (not the
            >armor on the PC) and any potential impact on AC of the PC under the
            >conditions in your data.
            >
            >If you still believe there is an issue, we will need to get more
            >specific on the data causing the issue, or if this is related to
            >misinterpretation of what the current token does, we may need to enter
            >a FREQ (there are 3 cases - MAXDEX to equipment
            >[BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX], MAXDEX to PC [BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX] and MAXDEX
            >to equipment only on that PC [not possible today as far as I can tell])

            Please see my last post on this issue. It works at the PC level (showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet), but ONLY when I use a static number.

            BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|3

            works, whereas

            DEFINE:myVar|0
            BONUS:VAR|myVar|3
            BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar

            does not.

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous
          • ovka
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...>
              >wrote:
              >(showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet

              Just to clarify what I mean by this --

              I put a suit of armor on my character which had a MAXDEX value of 0. My character had a DEX of 16. No DEX bonus appeared. When I added an ability which included BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|2, the misc AC field increased by +2. When I changed the ability so that it had BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5, the misc AC field increased to +3. These are correct numbers, and using
              BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5|PREVAREQ:myVar,5 works as well. What isn't working is BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar.

              Cheers,

              Sir George Anonymous
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
                Hi George,