Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Maitland
    ... MAX DEX CATEGORY:FEAT COST:0 TYPE:Test BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var( TestVar ) DEFINE:TestVar|0 MAX DEX Var CATEGORY:FEAT COST:0 TYPE:Test BONUS:VAR|TestVar|5
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      ovka wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
      >
      >> ovka wrote:
      >>
      >>> What is the trick to making this tag work? I found a tracker that
      >>> says the work-around is to put it into a tempalte instead of an
      >>> ability, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. I have tried
      >>> both templates that are granted by the ability (as per the PF Beta
      >>> dataset), and templates that are applied manually (as per the
      >>> tracker). Neither seems to work.
      >>>
      >> What exactly are you trying to do?
      >>
      >
      > I have an ability which increases the MAXDEX value for whatever armor is worn by the character by an amount based on the character's level. Ideally, I want to use
      >
      > BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar
      >
      > I have used the debug console to verify that myVar has the correct value, I just can't seem to make the BONUS tag work. I'm using 5.16.0, but the tracker is still open, so I'm guessing that this hasn't been fixed in any later version.
      >

      MAX DEX
      CATEGORY:FEAT
      COST:0
      TYPE:Test
      BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var("TestVar")
      DEFINE:TestVar|0

      MAX DEX Var
      CATEGORY:FEAT
      COST:0
      TYPE:Test
      BONUS:VAR|TestVar|5

      Works for me in 5.16.1 & 5.17.0-dev

      I also did the template version.

      Tested using NG Human, Adept, Leather Armor. Applied feat, Max Dex Value
      changed.
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sir George Anonymous
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >

      --

      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Andrew Maitland
      Andrew Maitland wrote: Just a follow up. After actually reviewing the docs, and testing, I ve concluded that the tag works as intended, with or without the
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Andrew Maitland wrote:

        Just a follow up. After actually reviewing the docs, and testing, I've
        concluded that the tag works as intended, with or without the
        var("blah"). What the tag was meant to do was Increase the Max Dex value
        brought on by armor, not actually adjust the armor.

        If we want to adjust actual armor we will need a bunch of new tags in
        the BONUS:ARMORPROF realm.

        Currently it will work for what it is intended. You may place PRExxx
        restrictions on it to prevent the increase if the character isn't
        wearing a particular suit of armor.

        SUMMARY:
        MAX DEX is a PCGen usage for calculating the max AC supplied by the
        Dexterity stat and is modified/hampered by Armor. The values on the
        Armor will not change, and there doesn't seem to be a Max Dex on the OS.
        However, the character sheet shows this to work just fine.

        I'm going to consider this issue as closed.
        > ovka wrote:
        >
        >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
        >>
        >>
        >>> ovka wrote:
        >>>
        >>>
        >>>> What is the trick to making this tag work? I found a tracker that
        >>>> says the work-around is to put it into a tempalte instead of an
        >>>> ability, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. I have tried
        >>>> both templates that are granted by the ability (as per the PF Beta
        >>>> dataset), and templates that are applied manually (as per the
        >>>> tracker). Neither seems to work.
        >>>>
        >>>>
        >>> What exactly are you trying to do?
        >>>
        >>>
        >> I have an ability which increases the MAXDEX value for whatever armor is worn by the character by an amount based on the character's level. Ideally, I want to use
        >>
        >> BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar
        >>
        >> I have used the debug console to verify that myVar has the correct value, I just can't seem to make the BONUS tag work. I'm using 5.16.0, but the tracker is still open, so I'm guessing that this hasn't been fixed in any later version.
        >>
        >>
        >
        > MAX DEX
        > CATEGORY:FEAT
        > COST:0
        > TYPE:Test
        > BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var("TestVar")
        > DEFINE:TestVar|0
        >
        > MAX DEX Var
        > CATEGORY:FEAT
        > COST:0
        > TYPE:Test
        > BONUS:VAR|TestVar|5
        >
        > Works for me in 5.16.1 & 5.17.0-dev
        >
        > I also did the template version.
        >
        > Tested using NG Human, Adept, Leather Armor. Applied feat, Max Dex Value
        > changed.
        >
        >> Cheers,
        >>
        >> Sir George Anonymous
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >
        >

        --

        Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Tir Gwaith
        ... That s the existant BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX| tag. Used by things like the Mithral equipmods. He s looking for per-character, not the equipment itself. If
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
          > Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >
          > Just a follow up. After actually reviewing the docs, and testing, I've
          > concluded that the tag works as intended, with or without the
          > var("blah"). What the tag was meant to do was Increase the Max Dex value
          > brought on by armor, not actually adjust the armor.
          >
          > If we want to adjust actual armor we will need a bunch of new tags in
          > the BONUS:ARMORPROF realm.

          That's the existant BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX| tag. Used by things like
          the Mithral equipmods.

          He's looking for per-character, not the equipment itself. If we
          change the armor output, that will cause a separate bug report (like
          copying a character's equipment info over mid-game w/o the computer
          gives the wrong numbers.)


          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen LST Chimp
        • ovka
          Here is what I found. BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1 works in either an ability or a template. BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar does not. I also could not have the ability call
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 10, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            Here is what I found.

            BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1 works in either an ability or a template. BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar does not. I also could not have the ability call another ability that applied BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1, but I could have my initial ability use BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|1|PREVAREQ:myVar,1.

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous
          • thpr
            ... IMHO, no one has _proven_ a bug. The bug report is Pending because it hasn t been confirmed. People have shown they are not getting what they expect,
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 10, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
              > I have an ability which increases the MAXDEX value for whatever armor is worn by the character by an amount based on the character's level. Ideally, I want to use
              >
              > BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar
              >
              > I have used the debug console to verify that myVar has the correct value, I just can't seem to make the BONUS tag work. I'm using 5.16.0, but the tracker is still open, so I'm guessing that this hasn't been fixed in any later version.

              IMHO, no one has _proven_ a bug. The bug report is "Pending" because it hasn't been confirmed.

              People have shown they are not getting what they expect, but that doesn't mean it's a bug... that's why nothing has been done.

              Last I analyzed this, the total MAXDEX result was correct for the PC, because BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX applies to the PC, NOT the equipment worn by the PC. Therefore, the total MAXDEX shown for the PC is correct on the character sheet, but it is not shown as all sourced from the Armor (because it isn't).

              Please check what happens for the total MAXDEX for the PC (not the armor on the PC) and any potential impact on AC of the PC under the conditions in your data.

              If you still believe there is an issue, we will need to get more specific on the data causing the issue, or if this is related to misinterpretation of what the current token does, we may need to enter a FREQ (there are 3 cases - MAXDEX to equipment [BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX], MAXDEX to PC [BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX] and MAXDEX to equipment only on that PC [not possible today as far as I can tell])

              TP.
            • ovka
              ... Please see my last post on this issue. It works at the PC level (showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet), but ONLY when I use a static
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:
                >Please check what happens for the total MAXDEX for the PC (not the
                >armor on the PC) and any potential impact on AC of the PC under the
                >conditions in your data.
                >
                >If you still believe there is an issue, we will need to get more
                >specific on the data causing the issue, or if this is related to
                >misinterpretation of what the current token does, we may need to enter
                >a FREQ (there are 3 cases - MAXDEX to equipment
                >[BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX], MAXDEX to PC [BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX] and MAXDEX
                >to equipment only on that PC [not possible today as far as I can tell])

                Please see my last post on this issue. It works at the PC level (showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet), but ONLY when I use a static number.

                BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|3

                works, whereas

                DEFINE:myVar|0
                BONUS:VAR|myVar|3
                BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar

                does not.

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous
              • ovka
                ... Just to clarify what I mean by this -- I put a suit of armor on my character which had a MAXDEX value of 0. My character had a DEX of 16. No DEX bonus
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...>
                  >wrote:
                  >(showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet

                  Just to clarify what I mean by this --

                  I put a suit of armor on my character which had a MAXDEX value of 0. My character had a DEX of 16. No DEX bonus appeared. When I added an ability which included BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|2, the misc AC field increased by +2. When I changed the ability so that it had BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5, the misc AC field increased to +3. These are correct numbers, and using
                  BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5|PREVAREQ:myVar,5 works as well. What isn't working is BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar.

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous
                • Andrew Maitland
                  Hi George, Try BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var( myVar ) See if that makes a difference. - Andrew (At work) ________________________________ From: ovka
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi George,


                    Try
                    BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var("myVar")

                    See if that makes a difference.

                    - Andrew (At work)



                    ________________________________
                    From: ovka <lpacdavis@...>
                    To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 3:05:31 AM
                    Subject: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...>
                    >wrote:
                    >(showing in the MISC AC bonus field on the character sheet

                    Just to clarify what I mean by this --

                    I put a suit of armor on my character which had a MAXDEX value of 0.  My character had a DEX of 16.  No DEX bonus appeared.  When I added an ability which included BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|2, the misc AC field increased by +2.  When I changed the ability so that it had BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5, the misc AC field increased to +3.  These are correct numbers, and using
                    BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|5|PREVAREQ:myVar,5 works as well.  What isn't working is BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|myVar.

                    Cheers,

                    Sir George Anonymous




                    ------------------------------------

                    Yahoo! Groups Links



                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • ovka
                    ... Nope. That didn t work either. Cheers, Sir George Anonymous
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 11, 2009
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
                      > Try
                      > BONUS:MISC|MAXDEX|var("myVar")

                      Nope. That didn't work either.

                      Cheers,

                      Sir George Anonymous
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.