Re: KNOWNSPELLS at other than Level 1?

  • the_rodent_of_unusual_size
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2009

      > Don't worry about KNOWNSPELLS or KNOWN then... sounds like you should
      > treat it like a Wizard... you learn the 'spell/power' and you can cast it.

      My ignorance of how it all fits together must be handicapping me, then, because *nothing* shows up in the spell list pane unless I have a KNOWN tag on a class level line. No list of spells, nor even a 'type of spell' header. With

      1 KNOWN:0,100

      I at least get the list of 1st-level powers.
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2009

        >> Don't worry about KNOWNSPELLS or KNOWN then... sounds like you should
        >> treat it like a Wizard... you learn the 'spell/power' and you can cast it.
        >
        > My ignorance of how it all fits together must be handicapping me, then, because *nothing* shows up in the spell list pane unless I have a KNOWN tag on a class level line.  No list of spells, nor even a 'type of spell' header.  With
        >
        > 1  KNOWN:0,100
        >
        > I at least get the list of 1st-level powers.

        Ok, try doing MEMORIZE:YES on the CLASS line. (and remove KNOWN tags.)
        That will convert it to a Wizard-type implementation (no limit on how
        many spells known.) You won't need to do the spellbook, etc. stuff,
        since you aren't worrying about that (you won't use the Memorize
        stuff, just the unlimited spell 'known' spell list.)

        For your level 5 bit (automatically know all spells), you'll need the
        FReq for KNOWNSPELLS equivalent in class level line. I know we had
        one open a while ago.