POOL.COST & POOL.CURRENT

  • nylanfs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2009
      Could somebody find out if POOL.CURRENT is currently generating anything?

      I'm trying to get the difference between the build points total and the total used (which by the way the Doc's are wrong for POOL.COST and I've entered a Tracker for it).

      I have this on a stat line in my gamemode

      DEFINE:BuildPointPool|POOL.CURRENT-POOL.COST

      In my miscinfo.lst I have this

      ABILITYCATEGORY:Build Points
      VISIBLE:YES
      EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:YES
      FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
      POOL:BuildPointPool

      But what it's giving me is ONLY the total points used, not the base value minus what was used. So I'm thinking that POOL.CURRENT isn't generating a value. But could somebody take a look at the code?

      On a related note, anyone know why a BONUS on the race line wouldn't be subtracting from this variable?

      Ork
      FAVCLASS:HIGHESTLEVELCLASS
      STARTFEATS:0
      BONUS:VAR|BuildPointPool|-20
      SIZE:M
      MOVE:Walk,10,Run,25
      FACE:1
      REACH:1
      RACETYPE:Humanoid
      RACESUBTYPE:Ork
      TYPE:Humanoid
      SOURCEPAGE:p.71
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Low Light Vision
      BONUS:STAT|BOD|3|TYPE=Racial
      BONUS:STAT|STR|2|TYPE=Racial
      BONUS:STAT|CHA|-1|TYPE=Racial
      BONUS:STAT|LOG|-1|TYPE=Racial
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
        nylanfs wrote:

        BUMPING

        I'm not sure about this, so punting to someone with an idea.

        > Could somebody find out if POOL.CURRENT is currently generating anything?
        >
        > I'm trying to get the difference between the build points total and the total used (which by the way the Doc's are wrong for POOL.COST and I've entered a Tracker for it).
        >
        > I have this on a stat line in my gamemode
        >
        > DEFINE:BuildPointPool|POOL.CURRENT-POOL.COST
        >
        > In my miscinfo.lst I have this
        >
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:Build Points
        > VISIBLE:YES
        > EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:YES
        > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
        > POOL:BuildPointPool
        >
        > But what it's giving me is ONLY the total points used, not the base value minus what was used. So I'm thinking that POOL.CURRENT isn't generating a value. But could somebody take a look at the code?
        >
        > On a related note, anyone know why a BONUS on the race line wouldn't be subtracting from this variable?
        >
        > Ork
        > FAVCLASS:HIGHESTLEVELCLASS
        > STARTFEATS:0
        > BONUS:VAR|BuildPointPool|-20
        > SIZE:M
        > MOVE:Walk,10,Run,25
        > FACE:1
        > REACH:1
        > RACETYPE:Humanoid
        > RACESUBTYPE:Ork
        > TYPE:Humanoid
        > SOURCEPAGE:p.71
        > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Low Light Vision
        > BONUS:STAT|BOD|3|TYPE=Racial
        > BONUS:STAT|STR|2|TYPE=Racial
        > BONUS:STAT|CHA|-1|TYPE=Racial
        > BONUS:STAT|LOG|-1|TYPE=Racial