[TM][FREQ] Re: Where should domain spells be specified?

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
      > Data from user allencohn is as follows:
      > > Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of dangerous
      > > to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done in the core
      > > dataset?
      >
      > I'd think so, but the Code team seems to have a tight leash on it. I think it
      > was designed this way because domain spells are listed in both the spell entry
      > and the domain entry in sources, so if you enter one, the other, or both, you
      > have no problem.

      Actually, I'd think this is a bit screwy. Can we get a FREQ to catch this situation, please?

      TP.
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
        Accessing file 18318.31427.8458

        Data from user Tom is as follows:

        > > > Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of
        > > > dangerous to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done
        > > > in the core dataset?
        > >
        > > I'd think so, but the Code team seems to have a tight leash on it. I
        > > think it was designed this way because domain spells are listed in both
        > > the spell entry and the domain entry in sources, so if you enter one, the
        > > other, or both, you have no problem.
        >
        > Actually, I'd think this is a bit screwy. Can we get a FREQ to catch this
        > situation, please?

        2835209 - Domain spells can be defined in two places at once
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2835209&group_id=25576&atid=384722
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.