Bonus feats for races

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
      Sorry that was sent way too early.

      It seems the FEAT tag to grant bonus feats to a race no longer works. Has it
      been superseded, or is this a bug?

      Regards,
      Stefan.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
        Stefan Radermacher scribed:

        > Sorry that was sent way too early.
        >
        > It seems the FEAT tag to grant bonus feats to a race no longer works. Has it
        > been superseded, or is this a bug?

        If I recall correctly we are standardizing on AUTO:FEAT| across all objects
        for this function (since it does the same thing as FEAT).
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
          Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Stefan Radermacher scribed:
          >

          >> Sorry that was sent way too early.
          >>
          >> It seems the FEAT tag to grant bonus feats to a race no longer works. Has it
          >> been superseded, or is this a bug?
          >>

          > If I recall correctly we are standardizing on AUTO:FEAT| across all objects
          > for this function (since it does the same thing as FEAT).

          Correct, FEAT was replaced by AUTO:FEAT on a race line. It is still
          valid in Kit Files.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
            > Correct, FEAT was replaced by AUTO:FEAT on a race line. It is still
            > valid in Kit Files.

            That's what I supposed. Thanks for the confirmation.

            Stefan.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
              Andrew Maitland scribed:

              > Correct, FEAT was replaced by AUTO:FEAT on a race line. It is still
              > valid in Kit Files.

              It's a different function in kits, there it grants the feat if the PC has
              points in the pool and then uses a point for it. But that's one of the
              reasons for this change, so we don't have a tag (FEAT) that does different
              things in different places.