Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Where should domain spells be specified?

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
      Accessing file 16280.7182.27882

      Data from user allencohn is as follows:

      > Thanks, Fluxxdog!
      >
      > Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of dangerous
      > to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done in the core
      > dataset?

      I'd think so, but the Code team seems to have a tight leash on it. I think it
      was designed this way because domain spells are listed in both the spell entry
      and the domain entry in sources, so if you enter one, the other, or both, you
      have no problem.
      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.
    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
        Thanks, Fluxxdog!

        Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of dangerous to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done in the core dataset?

        Allen

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

        [snip]

        > Either. As it is right now, using one or the other will set up the spell to
        > work with a Domain.
        > --
        > Fluxxdog

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
          > Data from user allencohn is as follows:
          > > Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of dangerous
          > > to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done in the core
          > > dataset?
          >
          > I'd think so, but the Code team seems to have a tight leash on it. I think it
          > was designed this way because domain spells are listed in both the spell entry
          > and the domain entry in sources, so if you enter one, the other, or both, you
          > have no problem.

          Actually, I'd think this is a bit screwy. Can we get a FREQ to catch this situation, please?

          TP.
        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
            Accessing file 18318.31427.8458

            Data from user Tom is as follows:

            > > > Just out of curiosity...I'm no programmer, but isn't it sort of
            > > > dangerous to specify the same thing in two locations as has been done
            > > > in the core dataset?
            > >
            > > I'd think so, but the Code team seems to have a tight leash on it. I
            > > think it was designed this way because domain spells are listed in both
            > > the spell entry and the domain entry in sources, so if you enter one, the
            > > other, or both, you have no problem.
            >
            > Actually, I'd think this is a bit screwy. Can we get a FREQ to catch this
            > situation, please?

            2835209 - Domain spells can be defined in two places at once
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2835209&group_id=25576&atid=384722
            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.