Re: Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      Papa.DRB wrote:

      > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
      > domain....

      I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
      advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
      was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
      itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
      also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
      character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
      might have shown up on the OS . . .

      On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
      Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

      Maredudd
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
        In the Ability Category file there is:
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
        VISIBLE:QUALIFY
        EDITABLE:YES
        EDITPOOL:YES
        FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
        POOL:1
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:FavoredClass
        PLURAL:Favored Classes
        DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

        I want to .MOD it to read:
        POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

        so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

        Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
        can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
        confused.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
          On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
          > In the Ability Category file there is:
          > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
          > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
          > EDITABLE:YES
          > EDITPOOL:YES
          > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
          > POOL:1
          > CATEGORY:Special Ability
          > TYPE:FavoredClass
          > PLURAL:Favored Classes
          > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
          >
          > I want to .MOD it to read:
          > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
          >
          > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
          >
          > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
          > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
          > confused.

          I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
          And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
          a variable system).

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
            Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
            new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
            seem to find where to add it?

            thanks,

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
              On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
              > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
              > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
              > seem to find where to add it?

              Hi David,

              Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
              for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

              Regards,
              Stefan.
            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me