Re: Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      Papa.DRB wrote:

      > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
      > domain....

      I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
      advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
      was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
      itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
      also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
      character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
      might have shown up on the OS . . .

      On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
      Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

      Maredudd
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi Folks!

        Papa.DRB wrote:

        > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
        > domain....

        I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
        advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
        was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
        itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
        also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
        character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
        might have shown up on the OS . . .

        On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
        Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

        Maredudd
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
          In the Ability Category file there is:
          ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
          VISIBLE:QUALIFY
          EDITABLE:YES
          EDITPOOL:YES
          FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
          POOL:1
          CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:FavoredClass
          PLURAL:Favored Classes
          DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

          I want to .MOD it to read:
          POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

          so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

          Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
          can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
          confused.

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
            On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
            > In the Ability Category file there is:
            > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
            > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
            > EDITABLE:YES
            > EDITPOOL:YES
            > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
            > POOL:1
            > CATEGORY:Special Ability
            > TYPE:FavoredClass
            > PLURAL:Favored Classes
            > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
            >
            > I want to .MOD it to read:
            > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
            >
            > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
            >
            > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
            > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
            > confused.

            I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
            And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
            a variable system).

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
              Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
              new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
              seem to find where to add it?

              thanks,

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me
            • Stefan Radermacher
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                > seem to find where to add it?

                Hi David,

                Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                Regards,
                Stefan.
              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                  That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                  David
                  Papa.DRB

                  Grognard (definition 1)
                  My better half and me