Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
      Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
      domain....

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

      Eric C. Smith wrote:
      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > Papa.DRB wrote:
      >
      >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
      >>
      >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
      >> up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
      >> only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
      >> select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
      >> console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).
      >>

      > Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
      > advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.
      >
      > Maredudd

    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi Folks!

        Papa.DRB wrote:

        > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
        > domain....

        I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
        advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
        was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
        itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
        also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
        character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
        might have shown up on the OS . . .

        On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
        Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

        Maredudd
      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
          Hi Folks!

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
            In the Ability Category file there is:
            ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
            VISIBLE:QUALIFY
            EDITABLE:YES
            EDITPOOL:YES
            FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
            POOL:1
            CATEGORY:Special Ability
            TYPE:FavoredClass
            PLURAL:Favored Classes
            DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

            I want to .MOD it to read:
            POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

            so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

            Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
            can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
            confused.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
              On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
              > In the Ability Category file there is:
              > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
              > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
              > EDITABLE:YES
              > EDITPOOL:YES
              > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
              > POOL:1
              > CATEGORY:Special Ability
              > TYPE:FavoredClass
              > PLURAL:Favored Classes
              > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
              >
              > I want to .MOD it to read:
              > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
              >
              > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
              >
              > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
              > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
              > confused.

              I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
              And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
              a variable system).

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                seem to find where to add it?

                thanks,

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me
              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                  On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                  > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                  > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                  > seem to find where to add it?

                  Hi David,

                  Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                  for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                  Regards,
                  Stefan.
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                    That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard (definition 1)
                    My better half and me