Re: Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      Papa.DRB wrote:

      > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
      >
      > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
      > up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
      > only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
      > select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
      > console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

      Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
      advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.

      Maredudd
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
        Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
        domain....

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        Eric C. Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > Papa.DRB wrote:
        >
        >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
        >>
        >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
        >> up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
        >> only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
        >> select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
        >> console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).
        >>

        > Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
        > advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.
        >
        > Maredudd

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
          Hi Folks!

          Papa.DRB wrote:

          > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
          > domain....

          I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
          advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
          was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
          itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
          also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
          character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
          might have shown up on the OS . . .

          On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
          Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

          Maredudd
        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
            Hi Folks!

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
              In the Ability Category file there is:
              ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
              VISIBLE:QUALIFY
              EDITABLE:YES
              EDITPOOL:YES
              FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
              POOL:1
              CATEGORY:Special Ability
              TYPE:FavoredClass
              PLURAL:Favored Classes
              DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

              I want to .MOD it to read:
              POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

              so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

              Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
              can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
              confused.

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                > In the Ability Category file there is:
                > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                > EDITABLE:YES
                > EDITPOOL:YES
                > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                > POOL:1
                > CATEGORY:Special Ability
                > TYPE:FavoredClass
                > PLURAL:Favored Classes
                > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
                >
                > I want to .MOD it to read:
                > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
                >
                > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
                >
                > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                > confused.

                I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
                And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
                a variable system).

              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                  Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                  new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                  seem to find where to add it?

                  thanks,

                  David
                  Papa.DRB

                  Grognard (definition 1)
                  My better half and me
                • Stefan Radermacher
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                    On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                    > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                    > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                    > seem to find where to add it?

                    Hi David,

                    Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                    for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                    Regards,
                    Stefan.
                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                      That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me