Re: Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
      Hi David,

      > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
      >
      > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
      > comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
      > choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
      > you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
      > Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
      > that).

      Can you bug tracker this please. - K
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2833246&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > Hi David,
        >

        >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
        >>
        >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
        >> comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
        >> choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
        >> you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
        >> Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
        >> that).
        >>

        > Can you bug tracker this please. - K

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
          Hi Folks!

          Papa.DRB wrote:

          > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
          >
          > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
          > up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
          > only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
          > select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
          > console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

          Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
          advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.

          Maredudd
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
            Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
            domain....

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            Eric C. Smith wrote:
            > Hi Folks!
            >
            > Papa.DRB wrote:
            >
            >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
            >>
            >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
            >> up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
            >> only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
            >> select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
            >> console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).
            >>

            > Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
            > advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.
            >
            > Maredudd

          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
              Hi Folks!

              Papa.DRB wrote:

              > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
              > domain....

              I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
              advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
              was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
              itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
              also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
              character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
              might have shown up on the OS . . .

              On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
              Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

              Maredudd
            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
                Hi Folks!

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                  In the Ability Category file there is:
                  ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                  VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                  EDITABLE:YES
                  EDITPOOL:YES
                  FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                  POOL:1
                  CATEGORY:Special Ability
                  TYPE:FavoredClass
                  PLURAL:Favored Classes
                  DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

                  I want to .MOD it to read:
                  POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

                  so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

                  Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                  can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                  confused.

                  David
                  Papa.DRB

                  Grognard (definition 1)
                  My better half and me
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                    On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                    > In the Ability Category file there is:
                    > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                    > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                    > EDITABLE:YES
                    > EDITPOOL:YES
                    > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                    > POOL:1
                    > CATEGORY:Special Ability
                    > TYPE:FavoredClass
                    > PLURAL:Favored Classes
                    > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
                    >
                    > I want to .MOD it to read:
                    > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
                    >
                    > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
                    >
                    > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                    > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                    > confused.

                    I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
                    And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
                    a variable system).

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                      Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                      new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                      seem to find where to add it?

                      thanks,

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me
                    • Stefan Radermacher
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                        On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                        > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                        > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                        > seem to find where to add it?

                        Hi David,

                        Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                        for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                        Regards,
                        Stefan.
                      • David R. Bender
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                          That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                          David
                          Papa.DRB

                          Grognard (definition 1)
                          My better half and me