Pathfinder - Druid Nature's Bond (Domain)

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 5, 2009
      PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.

      Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
      up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
      only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
      select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
      console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi David,

        > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
        >
        > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
        > comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
        > choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
        > you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
        > Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
        > that).

        Can you bug tracker this please. - K
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2833246&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > Hi David,
          >

          >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
          >>
          >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
          >> comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
          >> choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
          >> you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
          >> Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
          >> that).
          >>

          > Can you bug tracker this please. - K

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
            Hi Folks!

            Papa.DRB wrote:

            > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
            >
            > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
            > up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
            > only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
            > select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
            > console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

            Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
            advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.

            Maredudd
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
              Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
              domain....

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me

              Eric C. Smith wrote:
              > Hi Folks!
              >
              > Papa.DRB wrote:
              >
              >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
              >>
              >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
              >> up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
              >> only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
              >> select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
              >> console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).
              >>

              > Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
              > advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.
              >
              > Maredudd

            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
                Hi Folks!

                Papa.DRB wrote:

                > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
                > domain....

                I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
                advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
                was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
                itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
                also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
                character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
                might have shown up on the OS . . .

                On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
                Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

                Maredudd
              • Eric C. Smith
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 6, 2009
                  Hi Folks!

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                    In the Ability Category file there is:
                    ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                    VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                    EDITABLE:YES
                    EDITPOOL:YES
                    FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                    POOL:1
                    CATEGORY:Special Ability
                    TYPE:FavoredClass
                    PLURAL:Favored Classes
                    DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

                    I want to .MOD it to read:
                    POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

                    so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

                    Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                    can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                    confused.

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard (definition 1)
                    My better half and me
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                      On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                      > In the Ability Category file there is:
                      > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                      > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                      > EDITABLE:YES
                      > EDITPOOL:YES
                      > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                      > POOL:1
                      > CATEGORY:Special Ability
                      > TYPE:FavoredClass
                      > PLURAL:Favored Classes
                      > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
                      >
                      > I want to .MOD it to read:
                      > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
                      >
                      > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
                      >
                      > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                      > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                      > confused.

                      I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
                      And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
                      a variable system).

                    • David R. Bender
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                        Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                        new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                        seem to find where to add it?

                        thanks,

                        David
                        Papa.DRB

                        Grognard (definition 1)
                        My better half and me
                      • Stefan Radermacher
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                          On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                          > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                          > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                          > seem to find where to add it?

                          Hi David,

                          Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                          for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                          Regards,
                          Stefan.
                        • David R. Bender
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                            That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                            David
                            Papa.DRB

                            Grognard (definition 1)
                            My better half and me