Stunning Fist Prerequisite for Feat

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hello all,

      I want to create a feat with the prerequisite "Stunning Fist or monk's stunning attack." Would I include a tag in the feat description like:

      PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=ANY,Stunning Fist

      Or prehaps some prerequisite based on the StunningFistAttack variable being >+1 ?

      Many thanks,
      Allen
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
        Accessing file 21547.4819.4377

        Data from user allencohn is as follows:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I want to create a feat with the prerequisite "Stunning Fist or monk's
        > stunning attack." Would I include a tag in the feat description like:
        >
        > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=ANY,Stunning Fist
        >
        > Or prehaps some prerequisite based on the StunningFistAttack variable being
        > >+1 ?

        A little easier than that. Try this:
        PREFEAT:1,Stunning Fist

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
          Thanks!

          Allen

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

          > Accessing file 21547.4819.4377
          >
          > Data from user allencohn is as follows:
          >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I want to create a feat with the prerequisite "Stunning Fist or monk's
          > > stunning attack." Would I include a tag in the feat description like:
          > >
          > > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=ANY,Stunning Fist
          > >
          > > Or prehaps some prerequisite based on the StunningFistAttack variable being
          > > >+1 ?
          >
          > A little easier than that. Try this:
          > PREFEAT:1,Stunning Fist
          >
          > --
          > Fluxxdog

        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
            Accessing file 22185.1912.4239

            Data from user allencohn is as follows:

            > Thanks!

            No problem! A little insight in to why this works:
            Stunning Fist is a feat that can be taken by anyone. However, when a Monk
            selects it as a bonus feat, it goes through an ability which in turn grants it
            as a Virtual Feat (aka bonus feat: feats that you don't have to qualify for).

            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.