Translation and LST files

  • tymophil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
      Hi all,

      Until now, I translated files directly in the datasets.

      I would like to use another method someone used, by using the COPY, DELETE, MOD tags.

      Could you give me a little hint on how to change the name of the classes with this method.

      I would like to do so without modifying the originla files.

      Thanks.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
        COPY.Cleric=MyCleric

        CLASS:MyCleric.MOD <tags & values>

        CLASS.Cleric.DELETE

        Look in the documentation that comes with PCGen under LST tokens

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        tymophil wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Until now, I translated files directly in the datasets.
        >
        > I would like to use another method someone used, by using the COPY, DELETE, MOD tags.
        >
        > Could you give me a little hint on how to change the name of the classes with this method.
        >
        > I would like to do so without modifying the originla files.
      • Aubé Philippe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
          I tried

          CLASS:Cleric.COPY=Prêtre

          CLASS:Prêtre.MOD ABB:Prê

          CLASS.Cleric.FORGET

          It replaces Cleric by Prêtre, BUT it doesn't do so eveywhere, so I
          cannot use it.

          I used this.

          CLASS:Cleric.MOD OUTPUTNAME:Prêtre ABB:Prê

          Unfortunately, it doesn't change the class name displayed within the
          software, except in the CharacterSheet tab. Oddly enough, OUTPUTNAME
          replaces the names of skills displayed...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
            use CLASS:Cleric.FORGET

            CLASS.Cleric.Forget is a typo. All tokens have a Colon to separate the
            subtoken.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin