Template Help

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009
      I want to create a template that does the following for a Cleric
      character than can be taken at 1st level only:

      Clears all domains from the character
      Changes HD to d10
      Replaces 3/4 BAB with full BAB

      So far: (new lines are tabs)
      Holy Warrior
      VISIBLE:YES
      HITDIE:10

      works to change the hitdie to 10 and it recalculates.

      Adding: BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL|TYPE=Base.REPLACE does NOT change the BAB,
      and I do not have a clue where to start for the removal of domains....

      Help!

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009

        On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:48 AM, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
        > I want to create a template that does the following for a Cleric
        > character than can be taken at 1st level only:
        >
        > Clears all domains from the character
        > Changes HD to d10
        > Replaces 3/4 BAB with full BAB
        >
        > So far: (new lines are tabs)
        > Holy Warrior
        > VISIBLE:YES
        > HITDIE:10
        >
        > works to change the hitdie to 10 and it recalculates.
        >
        > Adding: BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL|TYPE=Base.REPLACE does NOT change the BAB,
        > and I do not have a clue where to start for the removal of domains....

        CL by itself doesn't work outside of class....

        BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")-(var("CL=Cleric")*3/4)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE

        (you want the full math, since REPLACE stacks for all classes, but you
        don't want it to stack with the bonus in the class.

        Ok, removal of Domains... BONUS:DOMAINS|NUMBER|-2 might work... If
        it doesn't, put |PRETEMPLATE:1,Holy Warrior on it and move that to the
        class line of the cleric....
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009
          Something is screwy. The line:

          BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")-(var("CL=Cleric")*3/4)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE

          doesn't work. For some reason the math is off, so I changed it to 1+
          (expression) and also added min in front the 3/4 but the break points at
          level 4 & 5, level 8 & 9, etc. are off by one for the lower level then
          revert to correct at the upper one.

          Oh, and the bonus domains produces an lst file error. I think that I
          will try just adding it as a separate class using .copy and .mod and see
          if that works. Thanks for the suggestions.

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp
          >
          > BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")-(var("CL=Cleric")*3/4)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
          >
          > (you want the full math, since REPLACE stacks for all classes, but you
          > don't want it to stack with the bonus in the class.
          >
          > Ok, removal of Domains... BONUS:DOMAINS|NUMBER|-2 might work... If
          > it doesn't, put |PRETEMPLATE:1,Holy Warrior on it and move that to the
          > class line of the cleric....
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009
            Yea, *much* easier to .COPY & .MOD. I have a class file anyway for some
            odds and ends. Two new lines:

            CLASS:Cleric.COPY=Holy Warrior
            CLASS:Holy Warrior.MOD BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|-1*CL*3/4
            BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|-2 HD:10

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            David R. Bender wrote:
            > Something is screwy. The line:
            >
            > BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")-(var("CL=Cleric")*3/4)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
            >

            > doesn't work. For some reason the math is off, so I changed it to 1+
            > (expression) and also added min in front the 3/4 but the break points
            > at level 4 & 5, level 8 & 9, etc. are off by one for the lower level
            > then revert to correct at the upper one.
            >
            > Oh, and the bonus domains produces an lst file error. I think that I
            > will try just adding it as a separate class using .copy and .mod and
            > see if that works. Thanks for the suggestions.
            >
            > David
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > Grognard (definition 1)
            > My better half and me
            > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
            >

            > Tir Gwaith wrote:
            >> Tir Gwaith
            >> PCGen LST Chimp
            >>
            >> BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")-(var("CL=Cleric")*3/4)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
            >>

            >> (you want the full math, since REPLACE stacks for all classes, but you
            >> don't want it to stack with the bonus in the class.
            >>
            >> Ok, removal of Domains... BONUS:DOMAINS|NUMBER|-2 might work... If
            >> it doesn't, put |PRETEMPLATE:1,Holy Warrior on it and move that to the
            >> class line of the cleric....

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009
              *ugh* Actually much worse!!! Spells, etc. are all screwed up. So I went
              back to the template. Here is the final deal.

              In template lst file:
              Holy Warrior
              VISIBLE:YES
              HITDIE:10
              BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|-1*var("CL=Cleric")*3/4|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
              BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|var("CL=Cleric")|TYPE=Base.REPLACE

              In class lst file:
              CLASS:Cleric.MOD
              BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|-2|PRETEMPLATE:1,Holy Warrior

              Thank Tir for the pointers to the correct way!

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 30, 2009

                Add on class line SPELLLIST:1|Cleric

                That should fix it...

                Personally, I'd do it as a SUBCLASS, but that's me. :p

                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 5 7:51 PM
                    PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.

                    Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
                    up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
                    only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
                    select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
                    console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard (definition 1)
                    My better half and me
                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 6 5:13 AM
                      Hi David,

                      > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
                      >
                      > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
                      > comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
                      > choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
                      > you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
                      > Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
                      > that).

                      Can you bug tracker this please. - K
                    • David R. Bender
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 6 9:43 AM
                        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2833246&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                        David
                        Papa.DRB

                        Grognard (definition 1)
                        My better half and me

                        Martijn Verburg wrote:
                        > Hi David,
                        >

                        >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
                        >>
                        >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up
                        >> comes up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your
                        >> choice is the only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However
                        >> you *can't* select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected".
                        >> Error in console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like
                        >> that).
                        >>

                        > Can you bug tracker this please. - K

                      • Eric C. Smith
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 6 9:53 AM
                          Hi Folks!

                          Papa.DRB wrote:

                          > PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
                          >
                          > Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
                          > up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
                          > only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
                          > select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
                          > console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).

                          Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
                          advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.

                          Maredudd
                        • David R. Bender
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 6 10:06 AM
                            Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
                            domain....

                            David
                            Papa.DRB

                            Grognard (definition 1)
                            My better half and me

                            Eric C. Smith wrote:
                            > Hi Folks!
                            >
                            > Papa.DRB wrote:
                            >
                            >> PCGen 5.16.1. Pathfinder BETA ruleset.
                            >>
                            >> Create a Druid and choose Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. A pop-up comes
                            >> up and you get your choice. Go to the Domains tab and your choice is the
                            >> only selectable domain (all the rest are red). However you *can't*
                            >> select the domain, even though it says "0 of 1 selected". Error in
                            >> console is "no more domains allowed" (or something like that).
                            >>

                            > Yep. Same problem here, but I also noted that as the druid
                            > advances in level he gains the domain and associated special abilities.
                            >
                            > Maredudd

                          • Eric C. Smith
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 6 10:51 AM
                              Hi Folks!

                              Papa.DRB wrote:

                              > Oh? I did not see the 1st level ability in any sheet for the animal
                              > domain....

                              I used the Weather domain and didn't see anything. Then when I
                              advanced the druid to fifth level the Weather Domain suddenly
                              was accounted for (1/1*) on the Domain Tab, without any add-
                              itional selections on my part, and the special abilities associated
                              also appeared on the character sheet. Now, I hadn't checked the
                              character sheet until after advancing the character so the abilities
                              might have shown up on the OS . . .

                              On the other hand, the bug you reported is still valid because the
                              Domain Tab wouldn't let me 'select' a domain at 1st level.

                              Maredudd
                            • Eric C. Smith
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 6 10:56 AM
                                Hi Folks!

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                                  In the Ability Category file there is:
                                  ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                                  VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                                  EDITABLE:YES
                                  EDITPOOL:YES
                                  FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                                  POOL:1
                                  CATEGORY:Special Ability
                                  TYPE:FavoredClass
                                  PLURAL:Favored Classes
                                  DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

                                  I want to .MOD it to read:
                                  POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC

                                  so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).

                                  Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                                  can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                                  confused.

                                  David
                                  Papa.DRB

                                  Grognard (definition 1)
                                  My better half and me
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                                    On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                                    > In the Ability Category file there is:
                                    > ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Class
                                    > VISIBLE:QUALIFY
                                    > EDITABLE:YES
                                    > EDITPOOL:YES
                                    > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
                                    > POOL:1
                                    > CATEGORY:Special Ability
                                    > TYPE:FavoredClass
                                    > PLURAL:Favored Classes
                                    > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
                                    >
                                    > I want to .MOD it to read:
                                    > POOL:1|PRETYPE=PC
                                    >
                                    > so only PC characters have Favored Class (ie. my Animal Companion doesn't!).
                                    >
                                    > Where and how do I put the .MOD? I've tried several ways, and I just
                                    > can't seem to figure it out. This Abilitycategory stuff has my brain
                                    > confused.

                                    I don't think you can .MOD an Ability Category.
                                    And I don't think POOL takes PRExxx (although you could convert it to
                                    a variable system).

                                  • David R. Bender
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                      Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                                      new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                                      seem to find where to add it?

                                      thanks,

                                      David
                                      Papa.DRB

                                      Grognard (definition 1)
                                      My better half and me
                                    • Stefan Radermacher
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                        On Thursday 11 February 2010 16:18:44 David R. Bender wrote:
                                        > Where in the data is the favored class bonus "coded" up? I want to add a
                                        > new base / pc class and have it selectable as favored class, but I can't
                                        > seem to find where to add it?

                                        Hi David,

                                        Check out the file pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst
                                        for examples of how to create an ability for favored classes.

                                        Regards,
                                        Stefan.
                                      • David R. Bender
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                          That will teach me to not look at *all* the ability files....

                                          David
                                          Papa.DRB

                                          Grognard (definition 1)
                                          My better half and me