Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] CLASS:.CLEAR

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009

      I believe that is currently a FREQ.

      There is no support for that feature at this time.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      ovka wrote:
      > I have a spell with the following tags:
      >
      > SpellName<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3<tab>Other Tags
      >
      > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the class from the spell. I have tried the following:
      >
      > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
      > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
      > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
      >
      > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
      >
      > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sir George Anonymous

    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
        Accessing file 27022.7893.20895

        Data from user ovka is as follows:

        > I have a spell with the following tags:
        >
        > SpellName<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3<tab>Other Tags
        >
        > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the class
        > from the spell. I have tried the following:
        >
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
        >
        > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
        >
        > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?

        Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells
        don't support .CLEAR.
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009

          > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the
          > class from the spell. I have tried the following:
          >
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
          >
          > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
          >
          > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?

          IIRC, that is a replacement tag (rather than an append tag) when you .MOD,
          so try this:

          SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3

          And see what happens.

          Barak
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

            > Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells
            > don't support .CLEAR.

            Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append token (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.

            The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL

            You can see the basis for this change from .CLEAR to .CLEARALL in this thread:

            And while I hate this syntax, if you wish to clear a specific class, you can set that to -1:
            CLASSES:Bard=-1

            Needless to say (I hope) the clearing happens at LST load, so you can't use a PRExxx and clearing function at the same time. This:
            CLASSES:Bard=-1[PRERACE:1,Dwarf]
            doesn't work and will result in an error at LST load.

            TP.
          • Michael W. Fender
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 25, 2009
              Accessing file 30670.12077.27729

              Data from user Tom is as follows:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...>
              wrote:
              > > Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for
              > > spells don't support .CLEAR.
              >
              > Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append token
              > (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.
              >
              > The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL

              Trackered:
              2812079 - Missing: CLASSES (spells) supports .CLEARALL
              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2812079&group_id=25576&atid=748234

              --
              Fluxxdog

              think.
            • ovka
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2009
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...>
                >>AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells don't support .CLEAR.
                >
                >Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append
                >token (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.
                >
                >The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL
                >
                >And while I hate this syntax, if you wish to clear a specific class,
                >you can set that to -1:
                >CLASSES:Bard=-1

                SWEET! This is exactly what I needed.

                Thanks guys!