CLASS:.CLEAR

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
      I have a spell with the following tags:

      SpellName<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3<tab>Other Tags

      I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the class from the spell. I have tried the following:

      SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
      SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
      SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3

      They all throw errors when I load the datasets.

      Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009

        I believe that is currently a FREQ.

        There is no support for that feature at this time.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        ovka wrote:
        > I have a spell with the following tags:
        >
        > SpellName<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3<tab>Other Tags
        >
        > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the class from the spell. I have tried the following:
        >
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
        > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
        >
        > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
        >
        > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
          Accessing file 27022.7893.20895

          Data from user ovka is as follows:

          > I have a spell with the following tags:
          >
          > SpellName<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3<tab>Other Tags
          >
          > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the class
          > from the spell. I have tried the following:
          >
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
          > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
          >
          > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
          >
          > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?

          Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells
          don't support .CLEAR.
          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009

            > I have a second dataset with a lower RANK where I need to clear the
            > class from the spell. I have tried the following:
            >
            > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR
            > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard
            > SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:.CLEAR.Bard=3
            >
            > They all throw errors when I load the datasets.
            >
            > Is there something else I need to do? Is this a bug?

            IIRC, that is a replacement tag (rather than an append tag) when you .MOD,
            so try this:

            SpellName.MOD<tab>CLASSES:Bard=3

            And see what happens.

            Barak
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

              > Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells
              > don't support .CLEAR.

              Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append token (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.

              The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL

              You can see the basis for this change from .CLEAR to .CLEARALL in this thread:

              And while I hate this syntax, if you wish to clear a specific class, you can set that to -1:
              CLASSES:Bard=-1

              Needless to say (I hope) the clearing happens at LST load, so you can't use a PRExxx and clearing function at the same time. This:
              CLASSES:Bard=-1[PRERACE:1,Dwarf]
              doesn't work and will result in an error at LST load.

              TP.
            • Michael W. Fender
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2009
                Accessing file 30670.12077.27729

                Data from user Tom is as follows:

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...>
                wrote:
                > > Actually, I don't think it's either case. AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for
                > > spells don't support .CLEAR.
                >
                > Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append token
                > (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.
                >
                > The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL

                Trackered:
                2812079 - Missing: CLASSES (spells) supports .CLEARALL
                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2812079&group_id=25576&atid=748234

                --
                Fluxxdog

                think.
              • ovka
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 25, 2009
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...>
                  >>AFAIK, the CLASSES tag for spells don't support .CLEAR.
                  >
                  >Actually yes it does, and it's necessary since CLASSES is an append
                  >token (sorry Barak :) ). It's a Doc Bug.
                  >
                  >The syntax is CLASSES:.CLEARALL
                  >
                  >And while I hate this syntax, if you wish to clear a specific class,
                  >you can set that to -1:
                  >CLASSES:Bard=-1

                  SWEET! This is exactly what I needed.

                  Thanks guys!