Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Need help designing a small template

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
      PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)

      Try

      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

      And it should work.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
        Follow Up

        %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
        Example for our existing set:
        BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

        AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
        (Your Template Name)

        Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
        this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
        PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
        > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
        >

        > Try
        >
        > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        >
        > And it should work.
        >
        > Cheers,

        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        >

        > loaoxide wrote:
        >
        >> Ok,
        >>
        >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
        >>
        >> Here is my current call:
        >> my_templates.lst
        >> Negative Hit Points
        >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
        >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
        >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
        >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
        >>
        >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
        >>

        >>> Hi Folks!

        >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
        >>>

        >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
        >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
        >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
        >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
        >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
        >>> ~ Face melioram personam

      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
          Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

          Data from user Andrew is as follows:

          > Follow Up
          >
          > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
          > Example for our existing set:
          > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
          >
          > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
          > (Your Template Name)
          >
          > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
          > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
          > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

          Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
          for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
          Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

          Trackered:
          2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722

          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
            Hi Folks!

            There currently a FREQ for global variables.

            Maredudd

            Sent from my iPhone