Re: Need help designing a small template

  • loaoxide
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      Ok,

      Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp

      Here is my current call:
      my_templates.lst
      Negative Hit Points
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
      CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
      SOURCEPAGE:Custom

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
        That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
        PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)

        Try

        BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

        And it should work.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
          Follow Up

          %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
          Example for our existing set:
          BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

          AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
          (Your Template Name)

          Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
          this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
          PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
          > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
          >

          > Try
          >
          > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
          >
          > And it should work.
          >
          > Cheers,

          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          >

          > loaoxide wrote:
          >
          >> Ok,
          >>
          >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
          >>
          >> Here is my current call:
          >> my_templates.lst
          >> Negative Hit Points
          >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
          >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
          >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
          >>
          >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
          >>

          >>> Hi Folks!

          >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
          >>>

          >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
          >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
          >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
          >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
          >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
          >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
          >>> ~ Face melioram personam

        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
            Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

            Data from user Andrew is as follows:

            > Follow Up
            >
            > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
            > Example for our existing set:
            > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
            >
            > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
            > (Your Template Name)
            >
            > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
            > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
            > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

            Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
            for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
            Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

            Trackered:
            2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722

            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.
          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
              Hi Folks!

              There currently a FREQ for global variables.

              Maredudd

              Sent from my iPhone