Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Need help designing a small template

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      loaoxide wrote:
      > Here is my custom call
      > Negative Hit Points
      > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
      > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
      > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

      Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

      ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
      ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
      ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
      ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
      ~ Tenacious Monkey
      ~ Face melioram personam
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
        Accessing file 8896.31293.26047

        Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

        > Here is my custom call
        > Negative Hit Points
        > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
        > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
        > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
        > SOURCEPAGE:Custom
        >
        > (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out
        > either)
        >
        > I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
        > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP'
        > for Negative Hit Points LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE'
        > 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative
        > Hit Points All Done

        SHOOT! Sorry, sorry, sorry. The CHOOSE should read:
        CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

        My bad.
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • loaoxide
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
          Ok,

          Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp

          Here is my current call:
          my_templates.lst

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
            That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
            PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)

            Try

            BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

            And it should work.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
              Follow Up

              %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
              Example for our existing set:
              BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

              AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
              (Your Template Name)

              Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
              this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
              PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
              > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
              >

              > Try
              >
              > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
              >
              > And it should work.
              >
              > Cheers,

              > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              >

              > loaoxide wrote:
              >
              >> Ok,
              >>
              >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
              >>
              >> Here is my current call:
              >> my_templates.lst
              >> Negative Hit Points
              >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
              >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
              >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
              >>
              >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
              >>

              >>> Hi Folks!

              >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              >>>

              >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
              >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
              >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
              >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
              >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
              >>> ~ Face melioram personam

            • Michael W. Fender
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

                Data from user Andrew is as follows:

                > Follow Up
                >
                > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                > Example for our existing set:
                > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                >
                > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                > (Your Template Name)
                >
                > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
                for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
                Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

                Trackered:
                2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                --
                Fluxxdog

                think.
              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                  Hi Folks!

                  There currently a FREQ for global variables.

                  Maredudd

                  Sent from my iPhone