Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Need help designing a small template

Expand Messages
  • loaoxide
    Here is my custom call Negative Hit Points VISIBLE:DISPLAY BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP SOURCEPAGE:Custom
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Here is my custom call
      Negative Hit Points
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
      CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
      SOURCEPAGE:Custom

      (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out either)

      I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
      LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for Negative Hit Points
      LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative Hit Points
      All Done

      I can get PCGEN to load without the error if I change the choose statement, with one like the following, and I'll even get the popup, but it won't apply any changes.

      CHOOSE:STRING|1|2


      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
      >
      > Accessing file 30936.19743.16957
      >
      > Data from user loaoxide is as follows:
      >
      > > I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates
      > > tab.
      > >
      > > Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template,
      > > re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.
      > >
      > > Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20
      > > and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive
      > > played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can
      > > anyone else help me with this?
      >
      > I'm not sure if case is the issue (I forget the call on that) but use %CHOICE.
      > If case isn't a problem, post the snippet of code and we can take a closer
      > look.
      >
      > I'm assuming you've gotten this far:
      > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP<tab>
      > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
      >
      > --
      > Fluxxdog
      >
      > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
      > think.
      >
    • Eric C Smith
      Hi Folks! ... Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd) ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors ~ Documentation 2nd,
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Folks!

        loaoxide wrote:
        > Here is my custom call
        > Negative Hit Points
        > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
        > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
        > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
        >

        Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP




        ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
        ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
        ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
        ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
        ~ Tenacious Monkey
        ~ Face melioram personam
      • Michael W. Fender
        Accessing file 8896.31293.26047 ... SHOOT! Sorry, sorry, sorry. The CHOOSE should read: CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP My bad. --
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          Accessing file 8896.31293.26047

          Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

          > Here is my custom call
          > Negative Hit Points
          > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
          > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
          > SOURCEPAGE:Custom
          >
          > (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out
          > either)
          >
          > I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
          > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP'
          > for Negative Hit Points LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE'
          > 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative
          > Hit Points All Done

          SHOOT! Sorry, sorry, sorry. The CHOOSE should read:
          CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

          My bad.
          --
          Fluxxdog

          The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
          think.
        • loaoxide
          Ok, Changed the call to CHOOSE:NUMBER ... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add Negative Hit Points I do not
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            Ok,

            Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp

            Here is my current call:
            my_templates.lst
            Negative Hit Points
            VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
            CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
            SOURCEPAGE:Custom

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi Folks!
            >
            > loaoxide wrote:
            > > Here is my custom call
            > > Negative Hit Points
            > > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
            > > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
            > >
            >
            > Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
            > ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            > ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
            > ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
            > ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
            > ~ Tenacious Monkey
            > ~ Face melioram personam
            >
          • Andrew Maitland
            That s because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;) Try BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC And it
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
              PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)


              Try

              BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

              And it should work.

              Cheers,

              Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



              loaoxide wrote:
              > Ok,
              >
              > Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
              >
              > Here is my current call:
              > my_templates.lst
              > Negative Hit Points
              > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
              > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
              > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              > SOURCEPAGE:Custom
              >
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Folks!
              >>
              >> loaoxide wrote:
              >>
              >>> Here is my custom call
              >>> Negative Hit Points
              >>> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
              >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
              >>> CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              >>>
              >>>
              >> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              >>
              >>
              >>
              >>
              >> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
              >> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              >> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
              >> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
              >> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
              >> ~ Tenacious Monkey
              >> ~ Face melioram personam
              >>
              >>
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Andrew Maitland
              Follow Up %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis Example for our existing set: BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC AND apply the Temp Bonus
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                Follow Up

                %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                Example for our existing set:
                BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                (Your Template Name)

                Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



                Andrew Maitland wrote:
                > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
                > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
                >
                >
                > Try
                >
                > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                >
                > And it should work.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
                >
                >
                >
                > loaoxide wrote:
                >
                >> Ok,
                >>
                >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
                >>
                >> Here is my current call:
                >> my_templates.lst
                >> Negative Hit Points
                >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
                >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
                >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
                >>
                >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>
                >>> Hi Folks!
                >>>
                >>> loaoxide wrote:
                >>>
                >>>
                >>>> Here is my custom call
                >>>> Negative Hit Points
                >>>> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
                >>>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
                >>>> CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                >>>
                >>>
                >>>
                >>>
                >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
                >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
                >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
                >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
                >>> ~ Face melioram personam
                >>>
                >>>
                >>>
                >>
                >>
                >> ------------------------------------
                >>
                >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >


                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • Michael W. Fender
                Accessing file 9841.28866.30884 ... Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

                  Data from user Andrew is as follows:

                  > Follow Up
                  >
                  > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                  > Example for our existing set:
                  > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                  >
                  > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                  > (Your Template Name)
                  >
                  > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                  > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                  > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                  Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
                  for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
                  Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

                  Trackered:
                  2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722


                  --
                  Fluxxdog

                  The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
                  think.
                • Eric C Smith
                  Hi Folks! There currently a FREQ for global variables. Maredudd Sent from my iPhone On Jun 22, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Michael W. Fender ...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi Folks!

                    There currently a FREQ for global variables.

                    Maredudd

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jun 22, 2009, at 6:39 PM, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...>
                    wrote:

                    >
                    >
                    > Accessing file 9841.28866.30884
                    >
                    > Data from user Andrew is as follows:
                    >
                    > > Follow Up
                    > >
                    > > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                    > > Example for our existing set:
                    > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    > >
                    > > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus >
                    > Template
                    > > (Your Template Name)
                    > >
                    > > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                    > > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                    > > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS
                    > tab.
                    >
                    > Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER
                    > only works
                    > for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so
                    > many ways.
                    > Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq
                    > this.
                    >
                    > Trackered:
                    > 2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
                    > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722
                    >
                    > --
                    > Fluxxdog
                    >
                    > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to
                    > make them
                    > think.
                    >
                    >


                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.