Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Need help designing a small template

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22 8:51 AM
      Accessing file 30936.19743.16957

      Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

      > I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates
      > tab.
      >
      > Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template,
      > re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.
      >
      > Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20
      > and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive
      > played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can
      > anyone else help me with this?

      I'm not sure if case is the issue (I forget the call on that) but use %CHOICE.
      If case isn't a problem, post the snippet of code and we can take a closer
      look.

      I'm assuming you've gotten this far:
      CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP<tab>
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE

      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.
    • loaoxide
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22 8:56 AM
        Here is my custom call
        Negative Hit Points
        VISIBLE:DISPLAY
        BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
        CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
        SOURCEPAGE:Custom

        (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out either)

        I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
        LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for Negative Hit Points
        LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative Hit Points
        All Done

        I can get PCGEN to load without the error if I change the choose statement, with one like the following, and I'll even get the popup, but it won't apply any changes.

        CHOOSE:STRING|1|2

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

        > Accessing file 30936.19743.16957
        >
        > Data from user loaoxide is as follows:
        >
        > > I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates
        > > tab.
        > >
        > > Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template,
        > > re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.
        > >
        > > Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20
        > > and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive
        > > played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can
        > > anyone else help me with this?
        >
        > I'm not sure if case is the issue (I forget the call on that) but use %CHOICE.
        > If case isn't a problem, post the snippet of code and we can take a closer
        > look.
        >
        > I'm assuming you've gotten this far:
        > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP<tab>
        > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
        >
        > --
        > Fluxxdog
        >
        > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
        > think.

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22 9:19 AM
          Hi Folks!

          loaoxide wrote:
          > Here is my custom call
          > Negative Hit Points
          > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
          > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

          Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

          ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
          ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
          ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
          ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
          ~ Tenacious Monkey
          ~ Face melioram personam
        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22 9:23 AM
            Accessing file 8896.31293.26047

            Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

            > Here is my custom call
            > Negative Hit Points
            > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
            > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
            > SOURCEPAGE:Custom
            >
            > (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out
            > either)
            >
            > I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
            > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP'
            > for Negative Hit Points LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE'
            > 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative
            > Hit Points All Done

            SHOOT! Sorry, sorry, sorry. The CHOOSE should read:
            CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

            My bad.
            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.
          • loaoxide
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22 9:30 AM
              Ok,

              Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp

              Here is my current call:
              my_templates.lst
              Negative Hit Points
              VISIBLE:DISPLAY

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 22 10:05 AM
                That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
                PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)

                Try

                BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                And it should work.

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22 10:24 AM
                  Follow Up

                  %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                  Example for our existing set:
                  BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                  AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                  (Your Template Name)

                  Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                  this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                  PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
                  > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
                  >

                  > Try
                  >
                  > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                  >
                  > And it should work.
                  >
                  > Cheers,

                  > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                  >

                  > loaoxide wrote:
                  >
                  >> Ok,
                  >>
                  >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
                  >>
                  >> Here is my current call:
                  >> my_templates.lst
                  >> Negative Hit Points
                  >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
                  >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
                  >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                  >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
                  >>
                  >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                  >>

                  >>> Hi Folks!

                  >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                  >>>

                  >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                  >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                  >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
                  >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
                  >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
                  >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
                  >>> ~ Face melioram personam

                • Michael W. Fender
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 22 3:39 PM
                    Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

                    Data from user Andrew is as follows:

                    > Follow Up
                    >
                    > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                    > Example for our existing set:
                    > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    >
                    > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                    > (Your Template Name)
                    >
                    > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                    > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                    > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                    Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
                    for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
                    Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

                    Trackered:
                    2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                    --
                    Fluxxdog

                    think.
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 22 4:30 PM
                      Hi Folks!

                      There currently a FREQ for global variables.

                      Maredudd

                      Sent from my iPhone