Need help designing a small template

  • loaoxide
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates tab.

      Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template, re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.

      Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20 and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can anyone else help me with this?

      -Oxide
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
        Accessing file 30936.19743.16957

        Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

        > I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates
        > tab.
        >
        > Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template,
        > re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.
        >
        > Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20
        > and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive
        > played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can
        > anyone else help me with this?

        I'm not sure if case is the issue (I forget the call on that) but use %CHOICE.
        If case isn't a problem, post the snippet of code and we can take a closer
        look.

        I'm assuming you've gotten this far:
        CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP<tab>
        BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • loaoxide
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
          Here is my custom call
          Negative Hit Points
          VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
          CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
          SOURCEPAGE:Custom

          (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out either)

          I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
          LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for Negative Hit Points
          LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative Hit Points
          All Done

          I can get PCGEN to load without the error if I change the choose statement, with one like the following, and I'll even get the popup, but it won't apply any changes.

          CHOOSE:STRING|1|2

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

          > Accessing file 30936.19743.16957
          >
          > Data from user loaoxide is as follows:
          >
          > > I would like to design a template to be applied on the Race | Templates
          > > tab.
          > >
          > > Its going to be called "Negative Hit Points" (this is a permanent template,
          > > re-applable, used alot in our current campaign.
          > >
          > > Basically when you apply this template I just want a pop up that lists 1-20
          > > and when you pick it, the characters HP is reduced by this amount. Ive
          > > played around alot with %choice and CHOOSE but I'm having no luck, can
          > > anyone else help me with this?
          >
          > I'm not sure if case is the issue (I forget the call on that) but use %CHOICE.
          > If case isn't a problem, post the snippet of code and we can take a closer
          > look.
          >
          > I'm assuming you've gotten this far:
          > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP<tab>
          > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
          >
          > --
          > Fluxxdog
          >
          > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
          > think.

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
            Hi Folks!

            loaoxide wrote:
            > Here is my custom call
            > Negative Hit Points
            > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
            > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

            Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

            ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
            ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
            ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
            ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
            ~ Tenacious Monkey
            ~ Face melioram personam
          • Michael W. Fender
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
              Accessing file 8896.31293.26047

              Data from user loaoxide is as follows:

              > Here is my custom call
              > Negative Hit Points
              > VISIBLE:DISPLAY
              > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
              > CHOOSE:MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
              > SOURCEPAGE:Custom
              >
              > (thanks for the way to negative the number, I couldn't figure that out
              > either)
              >
              > I get the following in the "Loading data Files" window
              > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'MIN=1' 'MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP'
              > for Negative Hit Points LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE'
              > 'MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP' for pcgen.core.PCTemplate Negative
              > Hit Points All Done

              SHOOT! Sorry, sorry, sorry. The CHOOSE should read:
              CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP

              My bad.
              --
              Fluxxdog

              think.
            • loaoxide
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                Ok,

                Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp

                Here is my current call:
                my_templates.lst
                Negative Hit Points
                VISIBLE:DISPLAY

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                  That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
                  PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)

                  Try

                  BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                  And it should work.

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                    Follow Up

                    %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                    Example for our existing set:
                    BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                    AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                    (Your Template Name)

                    Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                    this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                    PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                    Andrew Maitland wrote:
                    > That's because everyone so far has forgotten to mention you need
                    > PREAPPLY:ANYPC for it to work. ;)
                    >

                    > Try
                    >
                    > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    >
                    > And it should work.
                    >
                    > Cheers,

                    > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                    >

                    > loaoxide wrote:
                    >
                    >> Ok,
                    >>
                    >> Changed the call to "CHOOSE:NUMBER"... now I do not get the error on source load, but when I goto RACE | Templates, and add "Negative Hit Points" I do not get a popup to choose the amount, nor is there any change the the current max hp
                    >>
                    >> Here is my current call:
                    >> my_templates.lst
                    >> Negative Hit Points
                    >> VISIBLE:DISPLAY
                    >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*%CHOICE
                    >> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                    >> SOURCEPAGE:Custom
                    >>
                    >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                    >>

                    >>> Hi Folks!

                    >>> Try CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose Negative HP
                    >>>

                    >>> ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                    >>> ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                    >>> ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
                    >>> ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
                    >>> ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
                    >>> ~ Tenacious Monkey
                    >>> ~ Face melioram personam

                  • Michael W. Fender
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                      Accessing file 9841.28866.30884

                      Data from user Andrew is as follows:

                      > Follow Up
                      >
                      > %CHOICE should be encapsulated in Parathesis
                      > Example for our existing set:
                      > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-5*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                      >
                      > AND apply the Temp Bonus from the Inventory/Temporary Bonus > Template
                      > (Your Template Name)
                      >
                      > Adding it from the Race/Template tab will NOT display the number. In
                      > this case the CHOOSE:NUMBER only works in conjunction with
                      > PREAPPLY:ANYPC and it will only activate from the TEMPORARY BONUS tab.

                      Oh crud. I completely overlooked that in the docs: CHOOSE:NUMBER only works
                      for temporary bonuses. Major drag, since this can be useful in so many ways.
                      Not just this but perhaps tracking a starting level. I gotta FReq this.

                      Trackered:
                      2810596 - Make CHOOSE:NUMBER global
                      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2810596&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                      --
                      Fluxxdog

                      think.
                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
                        Hi Folks!

                        There currently a FREQ for global variables.

                        Maredudd

                        Sent from my iPhone