Coding Monk Decisive Strike ability

  • Peter Nigro
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2009
      Any recommendations on how to code the Monk Decisive Strike ability from Player's Handbook 2? Basically, at first level, the monk should choose between Flurry of Blows and Decisive Strike.

      Thanks.

      -Pete
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 30, 2009
        For any of those types of things:

        1) Set up your ability as Ability Object, give a TYPE for the choice
        (class level X or whatever).
        2) Add that same TYPE to the original class ability.
        3) Set up an ABILITYCATEGORY (separate file type called from PCC),
        using your new special TYPE.
        4) .MOD the class normally automatic ability using ABILITY:.CLEAR
        5) Add BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|<your new category>|1 on the same class level line.

      • Peter Nigro
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2009
          I was able to add one to my new ability pool with the following.

          CLASS:Monk.MOD
          1 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Monk Class Feat|1

          But I don't know how to remove the AUTO:FEAT|Flurry of Blows on class level line 1. I'm using PCGen v 5.14.1.

          Thanks,
          Pete

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

          > For any of those types of things:
          >
          > 1) Set up your ability as Ability Object, give a TYPE for the choice
          > (class level X or whatever).
          > 2) Add that same TYPE to the original class ability.
          > 3) Set up an ABILITYCATEGORY (separate file type called from PCC),
          > using your new special TYPE.
          > 4) .MOD the class normally automatic ability using ABILITY:.CLEAR
          > 5) Add BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|<your new category>|1 on the same class level line.
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 9, 2009
            There is a Monster Feat called Track and it shows up as a General Feat.

            Rangers get Track (Ex), not a feat. Should the Track Feat be gotten rid
            of? It seems confusing.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 9, 2009
              On Tuesday 09 June 2009 19:42:32 David R. Bender wrote:

              > There is a Monster Feat called Track and it shows up as a General Feat.
              >
              > Rangers get Track (Ex), not a feat. Should the Track Feat be gotten rid
              > of? It seems confusing.

              Currently SRD monster feats have been simply adapted. It is quite possible
              that creatures that have the Track feat in the SRD will use a different
              mechanism once the Bestiary is out. We'll know more, but for now, it is
              probably best to remove it or replace it by a news feat that adds a bonus
              equal to the creature's racial hit dice to Survival skill checks made to
              follow tracks (similar to the Ranger).

              Note that this is pure speculation on my part.

              Stefan,.
            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 9, 2009
                PCGen 5.16, good Java, RSRD 3.5 only loaded.

                Create a fighter 6, str 10, don't do skills or feats.

                1 handaxe in primary hand: Output is:
                1H-P: +6/+1
                1H-O: +2/-3
                2H: +6/+1
                2W-P-(OH): +0/-5
                2W-P-(OL): +2/-3
                2W-OH: -2

                2 handaxes, one in primary hand, one in secondary hand. Output is:
                1H-P: +6
                1H-O: +2
                2H: +6
                2W-P-(OH): +0
                2W-P-(OL): +2
                2W-OH: -2

                Why is the 2nd attack missing (dropped)? (ie. 6/1 went to 6 only)

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me
              • ovka
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 12, 2009
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender"
                  > 1 handaxe in primary hand: Output is:
                  > 1H-P: +6/+1
                  > 1H-O: +2/-3
                  > 2H: +6/+1
                  > 2W-P-(OH): +0/-5
                  > 2W-P-(OL): +2/-3
                  > 2W-OH: -2
                  >
                  > 2 handaxes, one in primary hand, one in secondary hand. Output is:
                  > 1H-P: +6
                  > 1H-O: +2
                  > 2H: +6
                  > 2W-P-(OH): +0
                  > 2W-P-(OL): +2
                  > 2W-OH: -2
                  >
                  > Why is the 2nd attack missing (dropped)? (ie. 6/1 went to 6 only)

                  I would say that it is probably because you only get one attack with your off-hand when attacking with a weapon in each hand.

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 13, 2009
                    Rangers are only proficient with light armor. The BETA dataset has
                    Light, Medium and Heavy.

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard (definition 1)
                    My better half and me
                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 17, 2009
                      I think I saw this resolved..?

                      > Rangers are only proficient with light armor. The BETA dataset has
                      > Light, Medium and Heavy.
                      >
                      > David
                      > Papa.DRB
                      >
                      > Grognard (definition 1)
                      > My better half and me
                      > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us

                    • David R. Bender
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 17, 2009
                        I just downloaded the latest autobuild data and the error is still there.

                        David
                        Papa.DRB

                        Grognard (definition 1)
                        My better half and me

                        Martijn Verburg wrote:
                        > I think I saw this resolved..?
                        >

                        >> Rangers are only proficient with light armor. The BETA dataset has
                        >> Light, Medium and Heavy.
                        >>
                        >> David
                        >> Papa.DRB
                        >>
                        >> Grognard (definition 1)
                        >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
                        >> My better half and me
                        >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                        >> The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us

                      • Eddy Anthony
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 17, 2009
                          Yup, it's still there, I'll hit that.

                          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2807827&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                          --
                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                          ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 8, 2009
                            At 4th level the Druid gains Wildshape ability and it functions as Beast
                            Shape I, then at 6th level it functions as Beast Shape II, etc.

                            Created a Druid and Beast Shape I shows up at 4th level (correct). At
                            5th level Beast Shape I and II show up (wrong), and at 6th level on
                            Beast Shape II shows up (correct).

                            I believe that the error is in file:
                            C:\Users\David\PCGen\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\pathfinder_rpg_beta_playtest_edition\pathfinder_beta_abilities_class.lst
                            in the Wild Shape Ability (line 258) but my mind can't wrap around the
                            complexity.

                            Tracker:
                            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2834130&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                            -- david